Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An absolute Great Evening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery_1

PostPosted: May 30, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

I just want to thank everyone for going out for supper, meeting everyone, and the great evening of geocaching.

It's always great to put faces to names you see all the time, and watching pro's like Bevro and Peter show me that it's okay to do exactly what a rookies (me) does looking for Urban caches. Image the Glee I felt sitting beside So you mean anyone can vote? with a smile and at time laughing out loud while they wandered around doing everything I did last night too. Thanks guys.

7 caches in one night, wow. Thats like the eqivilant to about 2 months caching  and about 300 bucks in fuel in the north. And seeing as how I was at the same caches twice thats like 8....wooohoooo.

Thanks again, we shll see everyone the next time I am down.

Slippery_1...aka..Ray

ertyu

PostPosted: May 30, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: RE: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

Always lots of fun to talk geocaching and cache in a group. Pretty much ensures a find. I thought I had grabbed a FTF when I walked in to the restaurant and the hostess hands me a bunch of Slippery's Place calling cards. 7 caches/night is nothing :)

bevro

PostPosted: May 30, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: RE: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

I also had a great time last evening.  My first group cache outing and a fine group it was.  Maybe we can set up some sort of informal meeting night on a more regular basis.  Nice meeting everyone (between road trips).  Looking forward to Saturday afternoon.

dani_carriere

PostPosted: May 30, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: RE: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

Great conversation, great group, great dinner ... even if there was a nasty big black bug jumping onto my plate!!!

Saw more of those bugs at Belgium's Summer Vacay cache. 

Good to meet you, Ray!  Glad you had a good time.

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: May 31, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: RE: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

I had a good time last night as well. It was nice to meet you Ray.

It's been almost a month since I've done any Winnipeg cache so it was nice to get out and find 6 including my first 5 Blitz cache finds.

Group caching is great - There probably are not very many DNFs with so many eyes searching.

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: RE: An absolute Great Evening Reply with quote

Apologies for taking so long to post – I’ve been cutting grass since Tuesday

I had another very enjoyable evening, and it was great meeting Slippery representing “The Pas Caching Association”. You’ve sure caught the GeoCaching bug! I’m glad you were able to get in some GeoCaching with Peter and Bevro – now you’ve got more finds than hides I’ve no doubt all your caches in the north will be drawing a few southern folks up that way.

I was also the happy recipient of the rare and collectable Slippery coin and an adorable Turdle! Thanks Slippery – look forward to seeing you again soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: