Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

Hello to one and all!

It was brought up as a suggestion in another forum here on the MBGA forums site about perhaps having a bit of a Christmas gathering for us geocachers who are suffering from the winter blues, and hey, maybe just not enough caching.  I have volunteered to go ahead and organize such an event (it won't be anything fancy) and since I haven't heard from an MBGA committee member as of yet, I'm going ahead with the beginning stages of planning.  If we get enough interest, I will post an event on gc.com.

Please help us pick a date by choosing your preference in the poll above.  This poll will close in two days, and then we will need to pick a location which will likely be in the south end of the city. I'm likely thinking of it being an evening event also as I know not everybody gets time off work over the Christmas holidays.  I know also, that I won't be able to please everybody but will do my best to accomodate what I can. If anybody has any suggestions, please feel free to email me at:Tobey_Saniuk@umanitoba.ca

Your input would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to yell at me if I'm stepping on anybody's toes.

-- Edited by ThreeTs at 09:54, 2005-11-30

-- Edited by ThreeTs at 10:08, 2005-11-30

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

ThreeTs wrote:

Please help us pick a date by choosing your preference in the poll above.

Picked Wednesday as a preference, but really, anything but Monday works for me.

Just noted the edited poll. Oh well.

grnbrg
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

grnbrg wrote:
 Picked Wednesday as a preference, but really, anything but Monday works for me. Just noted the edited poll. Oh well. grnbrg

ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

We typically have a family event on the 26th, haven't heard when its scheduled this year. Work is still deciding how to handle the in between days, but probably any of the days are good.

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:

We typically have a family event on the 26th, haven't heard when its scheduled this year. Work is still deciding how to handle the in between days, but probably any of the days are good.

Both grnbrg's and ertyu's preference to NOT have it on the Monday has been duly noted, thank you for your input!

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

Am thinking of: (again, any input would be appreciated)  If my posted email doesn't work, try tsaniuk@ms.umanitoba.ca

• Inside event at restaurant - not a bar so as to make it kid friendly

• Evening-ish to start after 6 pm or so

• Collection for a charity (as opposed to admission fee) yet to be determined

• Gift exchange - Max $10 which would be totally optional

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

I picked Tuesday as I already have plans for Wednesday and Friday that week, and Monday being Boxing Day might be busy for some.

I like the restaurant idea.  As I suggested in the other thread, perhaps something at the Forks which is central and has lots of parking available.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

I picked Friday for my prefered day, any day but monday would be fine as well. 

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

I picked Wednesday, but Tuesday or Friday would likely work as well. Two of us will attend.

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

Even though the poll has not closed, I'm going ahead with planning.  I've decided to go with Tuesday December 27 as the date of choice and the reason being (I hope nobody minds) is so that Junglehair and her family & friends can attend since she's only in town infrequently and can't normally attend any of our events.  She says she has plans on both Wed & Fri and nobody wants Monday so Tuesday it is!  As I mentioned before, I know I won't be able to please everybody but I hope a lot of people will be able to make it!

Look for the event listing on a gc.com site near you soon!  Thanks for everybody's interest and hope to see you there!

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

Hope you guys have lots of fun. Christmas is always booked for us cause our extended family pours into the area! Then we head out of town for the week 27-Jan 2 spending time with the rest of hubby's family in Saskatchewan but we hope to be back and doing some caching slightly before the boys are back in school. Sigh another event cache we miss...

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

1queenand4jokers wrote:

Hope you guys have lots of fun. Christmas is always booked for us cause our extended family pours into the area! Then we head out of town for the week 27-Jan 2 spending time with the rest of hubby's family in Saskatchewan but we hope to be back and doing some caching slightly before the boys are back in school. Sigh another event cache we miss...

I'm sorry to hear you guys won't be able to make it.  Just can't get everybody all at once, unfortunately!  Have a great holiday and hope you get some caching in!

junglehair

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

ThreeTs wrote:

Even though the poll has not closed, I'm going ahead with planning.  I've decided to go with Tuesday December 27 as the date of choice and the reason being (I hope nobody minds) is so that Junglehair and her family & friends can attend

You ROCK!!!  I always wanted to make it home for one of the geocaching events there, and I'm really looking forward to meeting all the local cachers.

I'll be sure to bring my coin collection with me for anyone that wants to log them and add about 20 new coin icons to their stats page!

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:

I'll be sure to bring my coin collection with me for anyone that wants to log them and add about 20 new coin icons to their stats page!

Well way cool that is!!  I haven't logged a single coin on my stats page yet so that'll be something.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: RE: Christmas (After Christmas) MBGA Soiree/Event? Reply with quote

Have you thought about making this xmas party an event cache so we can log it??

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: