Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Containers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polarbeardiggers

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

this past weekend i had to rescue Bo-Diddley cache that was sitting out in the open again with teeth marks all around the corners,this lock'n'lock container really held up great,chewed on the outside,just alittle repair with camo duct tape and now its ready to go out again,but most impressive,was the contents inside bone dry,all throughout winter,and thank god animals are not as evolved as mugglers yet,they haven't learned how to flip open the tabs yet,but i strongly reccomend the original lock'n'lock containers for their water tight gasket and durability,.

MHz

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

I agree with the origianl lock n' locks. I've got one right now I've left in place even though I know it's under water. I'm sure it will come out as dry as the one the queen found floating and rescued for me last year! MHz

winnipegk5

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

I agree as well. They are great containers and stand up better to the cold then I thaught they were going to. It's not like they are being snapped open that often in below zero weather. I like to paint containers but you can't argue with how easy and durable the camo duct tape is.

ertyu

PostPosted: May 08, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

Lock and Lock are on sale at Zellers. Buy one Get One Free. They don't ring up though, you have to point out they are on sale.

ertyu

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

..on sale till May 12

slippery_1

PostPosted: May 11, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Containers Reply with quote

MHz wrote:

cache and cary wrote: Say, what kind of paint would you use to cammo a PLASTIC container (wouldn't think it would stick)-- Edited by cache and cary at 13:09, 2006-03-20 I use sand paper to scuff up the surface of my plastic containers and then use model paints. Either the oil based enamels or latex/water clean up ones work. I've used them on 4 of my caches so far and all seem to be holding up fine. MHz

I bought some Krylon Spray which is used on plastic chairs. It is durable and seems to adhere to plastic and metal as well. It is also water proof. Wash it and dry it , then spray it and cache it...works like a charm:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: