Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September Blitz Event!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeTs

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Its coming to that time where we need to start planning our September Blitz wind-up event!  We have one very generous offer to host this event but I would like to know if there is any interest elsewhere that anybody has of hosting or ideas for the event?  Around Sept 23rd ish?  Please respond here or email me privately if you wish. 

Thanks and happy caching!

Tobey (3T's&aG)

JayPeg

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Are ther any more details available yet?

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Put Saturday, September 23rd on your calendars for the wrap up Blitz event!

Itíll be at the same location as the MBGA May Madness "Blitz". The listing should be on GC.com August 8th or 9th with some more details.

One of the ideas is to have a whole-hog pig roast for the main course with people bringing side dishes so we could have a Fall Supper. Also, weíre planning on fireworks again. We would end up needing to collect $5-10 per adult and something less for children.

How do people feel about the $5-10 donation along with the Whole Hog BBQ? We donít have a final price on the roast pig so canít be more specific yet.

JayPeg

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

ummmm roast piggy!!!

I'm in.

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

You don't actually mean that we'd actually see "Babe" on a spit or anything would we?  You mean that we'd just have roasted pork, right?  I can't actually eat food that looks like the original animal.  I can't imagine anyone carving some meat off of a little piggy with an apple in it's mouth.  I'd probably burst into tears.  If the majority is OK with it, I'll just come after dinner again.

I'm a Disney Kid ... I won't eat Bambi, or Thumper, or Bullwinkle, or Morty, or ... or <insert name of ostrich cartoon character> ... I think I should've been a vegetarian, but haven't had the guts to quit eating meat.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Penciled in the date, may have to bring down the camper to stay in but will know closer to the date of the event.

Rubber Ducky

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

This sounds like it will be a great time. Unfortunately we already have plans that day. Hopefully we will make it to the next get together. Have fun

bevro

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

I don't think we will be attending as we will just be coming home from BC that weekend.  Dani does raise a good point.  We organize a pig roast every other year in our campground in Kenora for about 150 - 200 people and kids hate it.  They have a real issue with Porky on a bun so generally we have hot dogs or hamburgers for them.  Another thing we try to do is collect ticket money IN ADVANCE!!  It tells us how big a pig(s) we need and it also pays for Porky even if no one shows up because its raining, the car broke down, I have a headache......  Once the pig goes on the split in the morning, there's no turning back or cancelling the event, its yours.  It is a great time and generally there's always some pork left over to hide in the freezer.  If you're going to consider the pig roast, you need firm commitment from people, not good intentions or someone is out a whack of cash and will be sick of pork by Xmas. 

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the ďporkyĒ issues with kids bevro. Weíll add tube-steaks to the menu for those that prefer their BBQíd meats in a nondescript form.

Donít worry Dani, itís basically a side of pork on a covered grill Ė there wonít be any identifying features!

Geocachers are a lot of different things, but stingy isnít one of them, so Iím not too worried about fronting the cost of the main course. Besides, leftover pork goes with just about anything.

Iíll cross my fingers and hope the bevroís arrive home from BC hungry and missing the company of MB Geocachers :)

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

I wish Ted Nugent could see this.

KILL EM' AND GRILL EM'

Everybody's gotta eat, right?

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

I am in.. already booked the weekend off..

lizardo

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

REALLY sorry we can't come.  But perhaps I'll drop by the Turdle ranch for some of those creative pork leftovers later in the week.  Pork cookies?  Candied snout? Bacon ice cream?

mmmmmmPork.

bevro

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: RE: September Blitz Event! Reply with quote

Lizardo, now that you are a dog owner, you forgot the most important leftover, the ever consuming pig's ear for the hound!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: