Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spruce Woods Cache and Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cache and Cary

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Spruce Woods Cache and Release Reply with quote

Spruce Woods - DOH! I was just there for the Sept. Long weekend. And I got the Devil's Punch Bowl one - That will take most of a day to get to and from and is very challenging.

As for "facilities" I know the park has ample "waterless" ones (can you say stinky pit toilet) that should be open all year round.

There are plenty of trails close to the campgrounds, and facilities, that would be great for caching and should not cause any problems with the parkies. And, by keeping them close to the core it makes it possible to do more then a couple in a day (if it takes a three hour hike to do a cache you are not going to get many done).

-- Edited by cache and cary at 18:45, 2006-09-05

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Spruce Woods Cache and Release Reply with quote

Well, looks like October is shaping up to be too busy to organize this. Seems like everyone thought it was a good month to organize meetings and conferences. We will have to delay this one me thinks, unless someone else is keen to set it up. I talked with an old friend who is an NRO in the Brandon district and he'd never heard of geocaching so it looks like we will have to build local relationships for geocaching to work here.

Thoughts?

junglehair

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Spruce Woods Cache and Release Reply with quote

Spruce Woods was always one of my favourite places to go camping in Manitoba.  Would love to see an event like this hosted there.  Maybe something to look forward to in the spring?

Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Spruce Woods Cache and Release Reply with quote

I would be interested in  finding caches out there. I wouldn't hide any out there because it's too far from my "maintenance area".

Late Oct works best for me, not too cold.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Still keen Reply with quote

We're still keen on getting something going in Spruce Woods this spring, summer, fall.

Question Anyone hear any more on the provincial geocaching policy?

Should we charge ahead and make the local connections or wait for the broader policy to come into effect?

Any thoughts appreciated.
slippery_1

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Still keen Reply with quote

Dragonfreys wrote:
We're still keen on getting something going in Spruce Woods this spring, summer, fall.

Question Anyone hear any more on the provincial geocaching policy?

Should we charge ahead and make the local connections or wait for the broader policy to come into effect?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Holy Cow D/F your gonna keep me hopping this year...( no pun intended Mr. TurdleEggs)
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spruce woods is a popular park with lots of interesting features and is underutilized for GeoCaching. For my two-cents, I say charge ahead! Team TurdleEggs would participate (barring any conflicts) in a caching camp out at Spruce Woods. It sounds like Manitoba Geocachers are going to have an event filled summer!

Oh, and for the record, we Turdles don’t hop around unless we’re in a frying pan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: