Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm coming for a visit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: RE: I'm coming for a visit Reply with quote

David left a favourable impression on a local cache team:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=01f38e93-5298-4a06-8169-
1520fb3ecc29

DavidMac

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: RE: I'm coming for a visit Reply with quote

Well, I made it back home safely after a long day of travels and am back hard at work on campus this morning. I'm glad to say the trip went perfectly and I had a great time. Enjoyed meeting up with ertyu and Lizardo for some caching and dinner Friday, then set out on my own Saturday morning for the drive out to Riding Mountain. The weather couldn't have been better and the trees were beautiful, making for two great days of caching, hiking, and driving.

Sorry I couldn't do anything Sunday night; I got back to the hotel after dark and was too tired to do anything except eat and go to bed. I guess three solid days of caching can do that. I'll post pictures and cache logs as soon as I can get the camera charged back up; I took so many pictures that I filled up a 512MB flash card and completely drained the battery.

I want to thank everybody for the hospitality. Y'all have a great, cohesive group that is dedicated to hiding quality caches, and many of the finds took me to a variety of interesting and scenic places that I would have missed or driven on by. I was surprised to see that most of the caches are relatively new, and it looks like the sport has really grown in Winnipeg in the last few months.

If anybody ever ends up coming through Mississippi or Tennessee in the future, let me know and I'll be sure to return the favor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: