Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dragons are Coming!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TASKForce3

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

The Boston Pizza on Kenaston is at:
Boston Pizza
1630 Kenaston Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3p 2m6
204-925-4103

Coordinates are:
N49 49.532 W97 12.293 (I'm becoming such a geogeek)

So, is this party only for all you old timers or are newbies allowed to join you for a bite to eat and a drink or two?

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

It's the other way round - parties are for the newbies and the old timers are allowed to join in :)

candaceandwill

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

candaceandwill (both) will be in attendance. 

ThreeTs

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

TASKForce3 wrote:

The Boston Pizza on Kenaston is at:
Boston Pizza
1630 Kenaston Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3p 2m6
204-925-4103

Coordinates are:
N49 49.532 W97 12.293 (I'm becoming such a geogeek)

So, is this party only for all you old timers or are newbies allowed to join you for a bite to eat and a drink or two?

Many thanks for the BP info, TASKForce3! Hope to see you there on Friday. Post here if you will be able to attend and how many are coming.

Anybody is welcome to join us whether you've found 5 caches or 550! If you can't make this informal event, be sure to check out the recently posted: Absolutely Nothing to Do with the Holidays Event on gc.com

TASKForce3

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

I plan on attending as it would be nice to meet some of the people behind the posts. I'll be flying solo so, it hopefully won't be hard to squeeze me in somewhere at the table.

Thanks for being such a welcoming bunch!

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

We made it in ahead of the storm. Even managed to get a cache in on the way. See everyone tomorrow. Thank you TaskForce3 for the coordinates.

Cheers, Dragonfreys

burchil

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Am I ever glad I just looked at the postings before I left for the day - I would be out at the other BP and wondering were everyone was....  Thanks for the co-ordinates see everyone tonight at 6:30?

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Unfortunately... I'm working until 9:30, at which point I'd get home at like... 10:00.

*sigh* I swear, this job is making me miss out on everything, everywhere, in any way, shape, and form.

Cache and Cary

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Turdle told me about this at lunch and I would like to attend. Gee, we better make sure there is Hawaiian pizza for "The Hoola Girl".

TASKForce3

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Sorry kids...I'm gonna have to bail on this one. Got a phone call which turned into a last minute date and us single dads gotta take any date we can get...LOL.

Hope to meet you guys at a future event.

Wagonmaker

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

I hope someone checks this before they go!

I just found out about this informal event and would like to attend, however, I am way out in the middle of nowhere with no way to get there! Plus, bus service down there isn't the greatest!
Is there anyone for whom...

OK, never mind, my car just got home!
I'll be there! Sorry for the last minute notification!

burchil

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

GREAT EVENING - thanks for the idea and reservation.  Thanks for Dragonfreys for giving us a reason.

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

hmmm ... I came to the restaurant but no one was home ... seems I missed you guys by less than 1/2 an hour.  I'll have to teach you guys the fine art of apres-dinner chat to make the evening go slower.

Sorry I missed the Freys and everyone else.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for a wonderful gathering. Sorry Dani, we tried to stretch it out over 3 hours but the caches were calling. It was great catching up with friends and meeting new cachers, and the food was pretty good too. Manitoba cachers are the friendliest bunch of people we know, thanks for making us feel welcome in the big city. Thanks to Tobey for organizing and thanks to all you cachers placing all the great caches around the city. Makes us wish we lived closer.

Cheers, Dragonfreys

Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: RE: The Dragons are Coming!! Reply with quote

Dang, I REALLY wish I had been able to make it to the gathering. Stupid work schedule... never have a day off when it'd be useful.

Although, heard that my travelbug made it to the gathering... so hey, at least a small chunk of me was there :P
Treat it well Turdle... and keychain it up :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: