Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the family

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junglehair

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the family Reply with quote

According to the GC forums, a new Southern Ontario coin is going on sale this Thursday.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=143297

If anyone is planning on ordering some of these, I would greatly appreciate if you could order an extra one for me.  I am heading out of town on Thursday morning and won't be around when they go on sale.

I met 1701eh at several geocaching events when I lived in New York.  He lived in Mississauga, ON and was killed recently in a car accident.  I just noticed today that his 2000th find was at Master Instigator's Wacko Willy's Wicked Hoard cache in July.  He was a real nice guy with a great sense of humour and will definitely be missed. 

Part of the proceeds from this coin are going to support his family, which is another reason that I would really like to be able to order one of these. 

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

Junglehair I will order two and make the extra available for you

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

1701eh was a Winnipegger; Tony Dawe graduated from FRC in 1978. He had been watching the MBGA forums up until August 21st. I corresponded with him briefly and he was very quick to extend the hand of friendship. The GeoCaching community has lost a great cacher.

junglehair

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

slippery_1 wrote:

Junglehair I will order two and make the extra available for you

Thanks.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

will be ordering 5 coins at 600 Pm Thursday. Thats when they will be listed on sale.

Ztirnats

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

We will be ordering 2 coins at least.  1701eh was one of our first experiences with the caching community in a broader sense.  He had taken our FTF in our first cache (his first outside of Ontario) Winnie's Big Cache and had taken our first travel bug Winnie the Peg with him on his travels.  We corresponded a few times and we always found an intellignet, friendly word in his correspondence.  We are quite saddened by his passing.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

I have ordered 7 of this coins,

Shipping is sheduled for Sept 28, I will contact each of the following by P/M when I get them.

junglehair X 1, spongebob X 2, jaypeg X 1 slippery X 1= 5 coins spoken for

Anyone else want a coin.....

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

Sure Slippery, I'll buy a coin if you have an extra one.

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

Slippery, I'll take 1 if it's still available.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

P/M sent

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

slippery_1 wrote:

I have found out these coins are to be shipped this Monday Oct 2/06.

Will let everyone know when they get here.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

slippery_1 wrote:

slippery_1 wrote:

I have found out these coins are to be shipped this Monday Oct 2/06.

Will let everyone know when they get here.

Great News-----> Coins have been shipped....Woop Woop

slippery_1

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

They are here, and where worth the wait.

I will be bringing these down with me next week, to ensure they do not get lost in shipping. These are a great looking coin, and worthy of anyones collection. I am proud we can do a small part in helping out someone else by our meger contribution with the purchase of these coins.

Cost per coin including, shipping, exchange etc is $ 10.15.

If you all can't make the supper let me know and I'll let Tim  know and you can make arrangements to get it from him, here is the break down,

Spongebob Family X 2

Junglehair X 1

Peter & Gloria X 1

Turdleggs X 1

jaypeg X 1

slippery_1 X 1 = 7 coins and thats all folks..

If anyone of you does not want the coin let me know please, would love to keep one and then send one out cause I have this feeling this will become a much saught after coin.

Ztirnats

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: RE: New Southern Ontario Geocoin Coming, Proceeds to the fam Reply with quote

Our Southern Ontario Geocoin arrived on Oct.10th and that night we immediately launched it in "Winnie's Big Cache".  Spaceman_baz has picked it up and it apparently is on its way to Ireland!  We have titled our coin "Remembering 1701eh".  1701eh was the FTF "Winnie's Big Cache" so we felt it most fitting to launch this beautiful coin there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: