Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unite for Diabetes travel bugs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

20,000 free travel bugs to raise awareness of diabetes.

http://unite.geocaching.com/

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

I put my name in for one first thing the morning they came out ... I hope I get one.

polarbeardiggers

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

thanks for the update on these travel bugs,as having diabetes,i too put my name down for one.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

This is one of my fears since it could be hereditary. put me down for 2 coins.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

TheStuntman wrote:

put me down for 2 coins.

They are actually travel bug dog tags with a message about diabetes on them, and you just sign up for them here:

http://unite.geocaching.com/

The only condition is that you have to place the tag in a cache within two weeks of receiving it. There is no cost.

dutch53

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

It runs in our family as well and we have put our name in for one.  This a neat idea to bring more awareness out there.

burchil

PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

Diabetes is a major problem on the horizon in Manitoba. I think all of us are touched either directly or indirectly by someone with diabetes. With the highest age-adjusted
prevalence rate of diabetes in Canada it is an important issue for us to understand
(http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ccdpc-cpcmc/ndss-snsd/english/diabetes_data/
index_e.html).
I ordered a tag to show my support and help with the education of others about this
significant and chronic condition.

ertyu

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

I got a tag in the mail, it wants to head to Norway.

candaceandwill

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

We got ours in the mail today!  It is headed to Pasadena, Texas.  This is a very cool and worth while project.  Kudos to GC.com for taking this on!   

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

I got mine in the mail today, too.  It's heading to Araras, Brazil.  I'm dropping it off at the event tonight in case anyone is heading south.

burchil

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

Mine came in the mail today - I will send it off on its voyage to Huong Yen this weekend (I hope).  I want to add a laminated tag in a couple of languages.

Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

I too, put my name in for one. Diabetes runs in my family too, plus it runs rampant in my workplace (I don't know why).

I do agree it's a problem that needs to be solved.

MHz

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

Just got my TB yesterday in the mail....seems it wants to go to Batam, Indonesia.

Closest caches listed to it are all in Singapore. Now to drop it off to get it moving....hmmmmmm

Migo

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Unite for Diabetes travel bugs Reply with quote

I dropped by the website to see if I could put my name down for a TB, but there doesn't seem to be a link for it. They must be all out of TB's? I can't imagine 20,000 TB's being used up though.

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Winnipeg, Canada" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug Reply with quote

Mine also showed up in yesterday’s post. It wants to go to Dieburg, Germany.

But fear not - there is a Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug destined for Winnipeg!

"Winnipeg, Canada" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug

It doesn’t look like it’s started its journey yet, but you can watch it from the above link.

To see a complete list of the 20,000 TB’s click on the following link:

Travel Bug’s owned by Unite for Diabetes

Don’t worry, it only lists them 20 at a time :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: