Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBGA Coins - I'm ready to buy some new ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: MBGA Coins - I'm ready to buy some new ones. Reply with quote

Okay Junglehair. You've got your own coin - Are we doing a new one soon for the MBGA? Grnbrg did a super job last time...I'm in for 5 coins at 10.00 Canadian. Who will be the designer? Are there any green coins out there? Do we go with a Bison shape? Colorful or gold/silver? Do we have any awesome ideas that will sell like wildfire round the geocaching world? Trackable would be nice for our second one... What symbolizes caching in Manitoba best? A thin flat coin? One so small you can hardly see it? Should we have a contest? Let's get going!!! But its gotta be breathtakingly cool with an MBGA mention.
junglehair

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought grnbrg had a new, super cool, design he was working on. Any update on that? Was that meant to be an MBGA coin, or a personal coin? I definitely agree with the idea of creating a new, trackable Manitoba coin.
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... looking at this topic got me to thinking of what "symbols" represent Manitoba specifically. What could either go on the coin, or the coin be shaped as. First things that come to mind:

Snowflake - self-explanatory
The shape of Manitoba - ditto
Construction vehicle - snowplow would be most appropriate. Possibly a pothole-filling machine thing.
Pothole - Can't see anyone else getting the reference though Razz
Golden-Boy - odds are noone outside Manitoba would recognize it though
Glacier - hey, we're like... the middle of the plains created by glaciers. Can't even fathom how one would draw it though
Manitoba's flag - kinda plain and boring though
Mosquito - might be one like this out there already though
Something to do with folklorama
Something to do with the festival des voyageurs - not sure how much this is done in other provinces though
Something to do with Planet Zebeth - It's a webcomic made by a Manitoban Wink [/self promotion]

Or a combination of the above: A plow pushing snowflakes out of a pothole, driven by the golden boy, who's being attacked by mosquitoes, through Folklorama and the Festival, being chased by a glacier, and PZ's logo on the side of the plow Laughing

But no, seriously... I'd go with mosquito or snowflake somehow, but that's just me.

Last edited by Kabuthunk on Apr 08, 2007 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Norman GeoCoin Reply with quote

Donít forget about Slipperyís GeoCoin now on sale at:

Norman GeoCoin

Itís a trackable Manitoba product for $10.
slippery_1

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Norman GeoCoin Reply with quote

TurdleEggs wrote:
Donít forget about Slipperyís GeoCoin now on sale at:

Norman GeoCoin

Itís a trackable Manitoba product for $10.

Wow, ty for the post. Just a short note and Update,

The Norman coin is very close to full production. There have been a few issues surrounding fonts and finishes but we expect to hear this coming week regarding these concerns we have had and with these addressed, both Northbound and myself feel we will be into full production right after.

I want to thank each and every person who has supported this project, it is through your help that this will become a reality.
There are still coins left if you want in on it go to www.northboundtradingcompany.com or if you want to add to your present orders as well...thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: