Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Bug tag Numbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruzrrr

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Travel Bug tag Numbers Reply with quote

Shouldn't we avoiding using the Dog Tag #'s in logs when we log a travl bug pickup or dropoff? I've noticed logs using these #'s.
What is the official policy about this.
And just to be clear its the actual # right off the tag that allows you to affect changes in the bugs status.

Last edited by kruzrrr on May 15, 2007 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
junglehair

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's generally a bad idea to put the tag number in the online log. There are some people out there that have nothing better to do than to mess with a travelbug and post bogus movements on it. As a TB owner, I will usually just email the person and ask them politely to edit their post.
kruzrrr

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Travel Bug tag Numbers Reply with quote

I have a recent log in one of my caches that this was done in. I sent them an email asking them to edit out the #. If I don't get any response would it be in bad taste to delete the log or would that be considered ok as long I have given the party lots of time to react.
FoodNinja

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is fair game to delete the post if you have given them enough time to edit it... If they are choked up about it they can always re log with out the TB number...

I have noticed that TBs along the Transcanada are a bit wonky last trip to brandon..

foodninja
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: