Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My cache was bulldozed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junglehair

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: My cache was bulldozed! Reply with quote

I was taking my friend Dru to all my caches in the interlake region on the weekend and stopped at my cache - The Outback. We drove in and realized that the area had recently been bulldozed. All around the area where the cache was hidden. For those of you that have done that cache, you might remember the broken down old house and outhouse tucked away in the woods there. Well, that is now gone, along with all the trees. They must be getting ready to quarry that area.

So all we see is a huge mound of broken trees - the leaves still green, so it must have been done recently. I figure there is no way I will ever see my cache again, until I look over and see the ammo can sticking out of the front of the pile, upside down, but other than that - none the worse for wear.

Dru was able to sign the LTL (last to log) and then we pulled the cache. It's a good thing I stopped there when I did, or it would have been gone forever.

I posted some photos on the cache page if you're interested in seeing what it looks like now:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=c06189ce-af02-47b8-b8d1-1ad09e328309
ertyu

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered the same fate, unfortunately I still haven't found the cache, I'm pretty sure its still out there and look for it every time I visit. Would appreciate if anyone else is in the area to look in the piles to the south of the current site for a lock'n'lock.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=37dff0fa-5621-4a82-bb07-78575584a588

I know MHz almost lost one to a bulldozer too:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b48274c0-b911-4209-b181-ad7acea26e9b
MHz

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had one that needed rescue from the yellow beasts! Bird Brain Blitz was bulldozed but left in the open at the side of the area bulldozed. Another cacher found it there and hid it about 70m in another direction and told me where to look for it. I saved it just as that area was being bulldozed too.

Kind of makes me feel like Aurthur Dent and wanting to run over and lie infront of the bulldozer so it would stop wrecking my cache's home! Brick wall

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havenít been bulldozed, but Iíve been ploughed!

My Road Kill (formerly East Meets West) cache almost met with an untimely demise.

First it was whacked by the wing of a snow clearing road grader and buried under a wave of snow. Within 24 hours the snowmobile trail grooming machine came by and laid down a highway right over the cache. For two months a multitude of snowmobiles rocketed over the cache. When the snows began to melt in the spring, an ATV came by and kicked the cache out of its winter resting place when it ran over it. I spotted the cache lying in the sun and retrieved it. By evening of the same day the rapidly rising melt water was lapping where the cache had wintered.
Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a cache that way as well:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5412b961-66f1-4acc-b446-638759b5296b&log=y&decrypt=

And here is the log entry when I found it:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=87e4dbc4-96e1-4420-9fb3-12c58b850c13

Like my cache, it is kind of ironic that "The Outback" got disturbed, being that it was out th the middle of nowhere.....Surprised

At least you found your cache....Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: