Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Satellite Internet Providers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junglehair

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Satellite Internet Providers? Reply with quote

I know there are many other computer geeks that frequent these forums, so I thought I'd throw this question out there. Anyone know of a good Satellite ISP out there? I know of Xplornet, but wondering what else is out there. We're looking to set up a satellite internet connection at one of our remote northern offices.
prokhor

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending where your office is, you may want to wait for Hydro. They are supposed to be opening up their fiber optic lines to communities. At least thats what the rumor mill says.
ertyu

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telesat has a list providers that use the Anik F2 satellite to provide internet.

http://www.telesat.ca/solutions/consumer/index-e.asp

I know there were earlier ones also, Directway or something like that is the only one I can remember.

At a previous job we've purchased and used Hydro fiber for connection, so call them up and ask. Turdleggs would probably have the info to connect you directly to someone in the know.
Shinook and White Juan

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: satellite internet Reply with quote

The source has a good deal on Explornet, only $299 for equipment. Pretty reliable with different packages available. It has come down in price a quite a bit as it was $699 last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: