Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvifone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ertyu

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Garmin nuvifone Reply with quote

The big super bowl Garmin announcement came out early. The nuvifone cellphone.

http://www.garmin.com/nuvifone/
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is seriously cool! It kind of looks a bit like my Palm Pilot but with the phone feature has a bit of the iPhone look. All bundled on a GPS platform.

Who'd have thunk that the next serious gadget to battle the iPhone would come from a GPS manufacturer?

I do see one potential problem that I didn't like about the Nuvi. The navigation is in Landscape mode. I'd much rather be able to hold my GPS vertically in my hand when I'm beating bush.

I did see this in the description that I found neat. This has some serious potential for GeoGames. Much like what is already in the forums, but up a notch.

The built-in camera allows individuals to take a picture that will automatically be tagged with the exact latitude and longitude reference of where the image was taken. The user may then save the image so they can navigate back to the location, or email the image to a recipient who can navigate directly to the location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: