Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Location: Ste Genevieve
|Posted: Feb 29, 2008 5:29 pm Post subject: MBGA Draft Election Policy
|The MBGA now has a draft Election Policy as well. The policy describes the procedures to hold an election of MBGA Board Members at the AGM.
Some of the highlights are:
- A Nominating Committee shall be struck to run the election
- Nominating committee members shall be solicited from the general membership and the existing board
- The nominee list shall be published as nominations come in and are accepted by the nominee
- Eligible voters will be asked to add their names to the voters list at the AGM attesting their eligibility to vote
- All voting, whether by ballot, show of hands or proxy will occur at the AGM with results announced at the AGM
- The MBGA membership will be asked to vote for board members, with the new board choosing it’s own officer positions (President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary) at their first board meeting
- If there are less than or equal to twelve nominees, one vote shall be held for the complete board
- If there are more than twelve nominees, voting shall be for individual board members by secret ballot
We’d appreciate any feedback. Feel free to post a reply to this topic or send an an e-mail to an MBGA member through this link.
I came for the caches, but I stayed for the people!