Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks Det. Cam Mealeon!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Thanks Det. Cam Mealeon! Reply with quote

I really wanted to publicly thank Lizardo (Scott) and ertyu (Steve) for the absolutely amazing job they did on the Clue contest! I can't believe how much fun they made it. The clues were a riot - very well thought out - clever verbiage that really only started to make sense once you'd found a few of them. And strangely applicable to the suspects in question The production of the cards, Det. Cam Mealeonís costume and profile, the map, on-line posting and the log entries - all made the game tons of fun. Testament to the gameís success was how many crazy GeoCachers went out to find clues when it was absolutely miserably cold! I imagine Scott and Steve put a few of those clues out in finger numbing conditions just to make sure they were there for the players to find on the weekend. Scott and Steve kept a pretty low profile about the effort they put out for our enjoyment, and I just want to make sure they know how much it was appreciated. I say this even though I was eventually found guilty (much to my surprise) and found myself in cuffs!

Thanks Det. Cam Mealeon

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that! I finally had the correct answer, but due to caching on the final night, entered it in a couple of hours after midnight. (I heard that ertyu is a stickler for the rules and disqualified me on that... curses!)

I definitely enjoyed some of the caches that the clues were hidden in. One of the funniest (or craziest) moments I had was at Get Fit for a quick clue pluck and go. 100m to the cache from where the nice warm car was parked. -30 with a -40 or so windchill. I had the little ice cube with me. The walk there was okay, untill he started getting cold, carried him the last 20 meters to the cache. Grabbed the clue, then it was time for the return. By now, I was cold too. I picked up all 30lbs of the little ice cube (by now he was feeling like his nickname,) and attempted to run the 100m back to the car. An extra 30 lbs and that cold weather... while running, sure sucks the energy out of you fast. I couldn't collaps into the drivers seat fast enough!

But ask me if I'd do it again... heck yeah!
Georgia

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not everyday that you see the perpetrator thanking the detective for arresting him!! Laughing
I, too, really enjoyed this game. I don't think of myself as really competitive (family laughing at me) but give me a challenge like this, and I get off the big, comfy couch and get outside into the -1million temps to find clues.
I could see that there was alot of effort put into the whole thing, and I want to thank Lizardo and Ertyu for all their work. Thanks also to BBrown who I teamed up with to solve the mystery.
It's obvious that Winnipeg has a very strong and active geocaching association - you don't see that everywhere, and it's wonderful to see here.
And now on to Bingo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> GeoGames Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: