Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stray Geocoin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodazuk

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Stray Geocoin Reply with quote

I have recently found a geocoin that has no owner or activation. What should i do? I checked the log of the cache that I found it in and there is nothing and the cache also did not list it? Do i hold it and see what happens or do i activate it and become the new owner? I am new to this as some of you know, so this is really odd to as to why this coin does not have a owner
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=eb849aa5-6e03-48ab-b3aa-37909d30fec2 This is where it was found maybe someone knows somthing about it
junglehair

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interlake tourism coins were given out to members of their group that placed a cache in the area. It was probably left in there by the cache owner. It may just have been a prize for some lucky person to discover, or they may have forgotten to activate it before placing it in the cache. If you want to be sure, I'd try emailing the cache owner. If they weren't the one that left the coin there, then I'd say go ahead and activate it. You can always let someone adopt it later if you find out they mistakenly left it in the cache without activating it.
yodazuk

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just emailnd the cache owner to see if they know anything about it. So i guess if they don't then i will activate it. thank you for your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Trackables Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: