Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark your calendars - ND Geocaching Event!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeybee77

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Mark your calendars - ND Geocaching Event! Reply with quote

You are invited to North Dakota's first ever state-wide geocaching event hosted by Dakota Cachers, MinotRanger, and yours truly, Honeybee77. This year's theme is Cachin' and Campin' -- North Dakota Style! It will be loads of fun, so grab your gear and join us at Fort Stevenson State Park (3 miles S of Garrison) on June 12-14! Everyone welcome!

The event is listed on geocaching.com as GC1M8CM. A direct link here: http://coord.info/GC1M8CM

Hope to see you there! Very Happy

Honeybee77

P.S. Last I checked the Google Map of the park boundary is wrong, so, trust us, it's in the park. I sent a correction to Tele Atlas (folks who created the maps), but it takes some time to change I suppose.

Last edited by honeybee77 on May 13, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
bevro

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a loooonnnng time since I drove to Minot. Anyone remember how long the drive? I'm thinking its 4-5 hours from the 'peg, not counting the stop at the border. And another hour south to Garrison. Have to plan the stops for the geohounds, very critical stuff !
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about a 6 hour drive.
honeybee77

PostPosted: May 13, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Fun activities are planned! Reply with quote

Just wanted to add some additional information on some things we have planned for this event:

* T-shirts are available for purchase. These will help cover the cost of the event. (See event listing.)
* Camping is available or stay at a hotel in Garrison; you can make reservations for either.
* Best cammo'd cache contest
* Four new permanent caches in the park (will be released that day) and many temporary caches to discover
* Meet cachers from around the state (and elsewhere!)
* Many fun activities and door prizes for adults and kids
* Sunday we'll discuss forming a ND Geocaching Association! (We would love input from those who are members/officers of other province or state geocaching associations!)

Hope to see you there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: