Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Location: Ste Genevieve
|Posted: Apr 30, 2009 1:57 am Post subject: Geoventure 2009 – August 28-30
|The MBGA is once again hosting this summer’s BIG EVENT – Geoventure 2009 in beautiful Birds Hill Park.
Last year’s event was lots of fun, and mtolympus has prepared a brand new adventure cache challenge for 2009 that promises to be even more fun and creative.
This year’s event will once again be a weekend campout and hopefully have something for everybody.
* A well treed group use site with modern, heated washrooms and a cook shelter for our exclusive use
* Friday night caching for brave souls
* Saturday’s adventure cache challenge
* Family friendly group caching
* A Saturday BBQ and Bonfire
* Saturday morning pancake breakfast
* The many features Birds Hill Park has to offer (hiking, biking, rollerblading, horse back riding and the beach)
Cachers are welcome to camp, or just come out for the day.
Follow this link to see pictures and logs from last year’s event.
The planning is still ongoing, and we welcome any suggestions.
Geoventure 2009 will be held the weekend of August 28-30 in Birds Hill Park.
Birds Hill Park is a jewel located close to Winnipeg, and out-of-town Geocachers are invited to come join in for the weekend. Campers and trailers can set up at the group site, or trailers requiring full service hookup can reserve a site at the nearby Birds Hill Park provincial campground.
I came for the caches, but I stayed for the people!