Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help The Queen @ Happy Rock?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Help The Queen @ Happy Rock? Reply with quote

Joker 1 was listening to the radio when he heard that Happy Rock in Gladstone will be undergoing a renovation in spring because it will be featured on a Canadian stamp. Our wee cache (lock n Lock) lies at the base in the junipers - most likely under snow. Our request to the caching community at large is for a rescue to take place if anyone has the time and inclination to do so. Just contact us to let us know and we will disable the cache and try to retrieve it in some manner from the rescuer. A good thing to do might be to contact the last finder to find out on which side it was last hidden before snowfall. It has circled around the rock like a earth orbits the sun! We would replace it if/when the site is restored. Just not heading to Gladstone anytime soon. Know it will be a challenge. Thanks for listening to our plea for help.
Kabuthunk

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MIGHT be able to get it tomorrow... emphasis on might. Some friends and I are going out near Gladstone to help a friend, but there's a few problems:

a) Said friend is still several kilometers away from the happy rock.
b) The friends I'm driving with are quite thoroughly NOT geocachers (despite my best efforts)... but they don't really like the outdoors much at all.
c) Trying to get them to go several kilometers for a hobby that they don't like may be asking a lot.

I'll ask and see what happens, or if there's spare time I'll run out there myself (except we're not using my car either, so that kinda hinders that one). I've already found this one in the past, so I should hopefully be able to find it quickly, assuming I can do this.

I'll keep you posted.

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: If you can AWESOME Reply with quote

If you can find it fantastic and kudos to you, If you don't have time thank you so much for thinking of it and trying. This is one of our most visited "one the road" caches and we'd love to save the logbook. We will replace it in a nearby spot if we get there this spring but sooner is always better. Non-cachers - bah humbug - they spoil our fun.
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Got it Reply with quote

We were driving by this morning and remembered your plea for assistance with grabbing Happy Rock. This was one of the first caches we had found. I hadn't checked lately to see if it had been picked up so we thought while we are going by and on our way into the city we should just see it was there. Sure enough it was hidden nicely, so we grabbed it for delivery. We are around the city until tomorrow. We can hide and send coodinates, relay to another cacher or 'other'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: