Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How you doing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-Indy

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the challenges are caches such as "Cachetributes" or "ABC Soup" where you are challenged by the cache owner or Battlecache by the MBGA. Others are just things we challenge ourselves to do, such as clearing out our Dani Radius (all caches within 5k of your home coordinates) or like we did last winter and completed the ABC Soup by finding all the caches alphabetically backwards (Z to A).

BTW, I'm done Battlecache now. We were in Regina over the weekend and found the last couple of caches to finish the grid.
Pilotmounders

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Geo-Indy for the info, I found the OBG Bingo one & well I have a couple years to go for that...316 more days for a BINGO. The Dani Radius we can't do as we've hiden all GCs with 5kms of our home base. We'll keep plugging away at what we can, congrats on filling your grid for Battlecache, that's awesome.
Geo-Indy

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had to go quite a ways to get some of the grids for Battlecache. I don't know how these guys that have found almost everything in the city have been doing it. Probably with lots of travel.
Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good part about nobody placing any caches within 5 km of your home is that your Dani Radius is always clear. The bad part is that you have no nearby caches to find.
That's one reason why Trove Chaser have "TCRR (TC's Rural Radius) 50 Km (1/2 Hr)".
It's also why I prefer FFP (First Five Pages) . It's more equal for everyone - 100 caches.

For the "Finds by Placed Month" challenge, we only need 9 more.

FindsByMonthPlaced.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.63 KB
 Viewed:  363 Time(s)

FindsByMonthPlaced.PNG

Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a bookmark list that we may turn into a challenge cache. It may be similar to Tromelin's Manitoba Provincial Parks Challenge so that you'll only have to find as many as we have found (or own).

Manitoba's 100 Oldest Active Caches

So far, we have found 72 caches on the list and own 5 others. Does anyone have more than that? How are you doing? Who is willing to tackle this challenge?

By the time we post the challenge cache, we might have found a few more, so the target might be a little higher.

If a cache gets archived, it will fall off the list and won't count any more but another cache would be added.
jleecollins

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at:

GCZNYJ - Ontario Bingo Challenge

GCRKRJ - Ontario Bingo Challenge - 25 Oldest Traditionals

GC23CJM - Ontario BINGO Challenge: 25 Oldest Wherigos

jleecollins
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too.many.challenge.caches.head.going.to.'splode.

I don't think I'll come close to finishing all MB challenge caches. I would be content to just keep my Dani Radius clear for 6 months.

MuStash

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter and Gloria wrote:
So far, we have found 72 caches on the list and own 5 others. Does anyone have more than that? How are you doing? Who is willing to tackle this challenge?

After running a query with your bookmark list and loading that into GSAK, it seems I've found 40 of those 100 including all 5 of yours. I'd take a run at the challenge. Probably designing roadtrips to combine it with Tromelin's Prov. Park challenge. I must say that after 5 years of caching I still get a kick out of finding a traditional cache. The challenge caches add a nice extra dimension which I enjoy too.
ertyu

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter and Gloria wrote:
How are you doing? Who is willing to tackle this challenge?

I think I've hit my limit on challenge caches, just too much to juggle and its sucking the fun out of things.
Old Billygoat

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ran a pocket query and see that I have found 53 of them, including 6 of yours and I own 1 of them for a total of 54.

My FFP is 88% including the Breakfast event and 5 puzzle caches which are just killing me
angelcastaneda

PostPosted: May 05, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have plenty of caches to find (104 caches on my Dani Radius and 312 for my OBG bingo.)

The closest unfound cache is still PGP (Pretty Good Puzzle), at a whopping 900m from my place. That will keep me busy for a while Very Happy

Quick question, by the way: I'm fairly new to the game, so I haven't been around for many events. Do they get archived after the event is done?
ertyu

PostPosted: May 05, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelcastaneda wrote:
I still have plenty of caches to find (104 caches on my Dani Radius and 312 for my OBG bingo.)

The closest unfound cache is still PGP (Pretty Good Puzzle), at a whopping 900m from my place. That will keep me busy for a while Very Happy

Quick question, by the way: I'm fairly new to the game, so I haven't been around for many events. Do they get archived after the event is done?

Yes, events should be archived soonish afterwards. Usually they stay up for a while so everyone can log their attendance and claim all the travel bugs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: