Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for Nominees for the 2010 MBGA Board of Directors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Call for Nominees for the 2010 MBGA Board of Directors Reply with quote

Nominations are requested for MBGA director’s positions to be elected at the Annual General Meeting March 20, 2010. Follow this link for more information on the AGM event:

MBGA AGM and Crockpot Cookoff!

The board of directors will serve to manage the affairs of the MBGA for a one year term following the election. If you, or someone you know, would like to volunteer please e-mail nomination@mbgeocaching.ca with the name and contact information of the nominee. Permission must be obtained before nominating another person. Nominees should submit a statement of their qualifications before the AGM.

Nominations are accepted for any Manitoba resident, 18 years or older, who is an eligible voting member of the MBGA for at least thirty (30) days prior to the election. Nominations are open until midnight, March 8, 2010.

For further details on the election and operation of the MBGA please refer to the Election Policy and Bylaws. Reviewing past meeting minutes of the MBGA committee will also give you an idea of what to expect.

Nominees are running for a director’s position on the board. Once the group of directors has been elected, the board will elect officer positions.
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten nominations have been received for the 2010 MBGA Board of Directors. In alphabetical order they are:

1. Crackerjackie (Esther)
2. Dani Carriere (Dani)
3. Glacier_ice (Mike)
4. OHMIC (Jacques)
5. Tracker 70 (Rob)
6. Trove Chasers (Jon)
7. Tuppergurl (April)
8. Villiam (William)
9. Wagonmaker (Wayne)
10. Ztirnats (Stan)

Nominations are closed.

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list is adjusted -1. The new list as follows.

1. Crackerjackie (Esther)
2. Dani Carriere (Dani)
3. Glacier_ice (Mike)
4. OHMIC (Jacques)
5. Trove Chasers (Jon)
6. Tuppergurl (April)
7. Villiam (William)
8. Wagonmaker (Wayne)
9. Ztirnats (Stan)

--

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Nominee Biographies Reply with quote

Below are the short biographies about the nominees. Two bios not yet completed but will add when returned.

---

Caching Name: crackerjackie

Geocaching experience: Only caching since August 2009, but what an addiction! Got my 400th cache last month and will definitely get my 500th before March is finished. I have 38 hides, including the First In Last Out fire station series.

Special Skills and Abilities: I am an Accountant with an excellent sense of humour who can perform CPR on your dog.

--

Caching Name: Trove Chasers

Geocaching experience: 2.75 Yr/ 2830 Caches

Special Skills and Abilities: Good working knowledge of accounting and experience as a Treasurer for MBGA as well as others.

--

Caching Name: villiam

Geocaching experience: Caching since 2007, a Magellan user, really
despise micros in pine trees! Not sure what else to say so I'll point you to some fun logs (From my point of view) Smile

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=5e403f8d-6c54-4b69-8067-1243aac54050

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=8a37c268-b70a-4999-9b01-5ce300525ba2

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=93c81534-539b-4368-92d9-ed09125cfedb

Special Skills and Abilities: Can often improvise a tool to get a job
done if the proper tool is not around. Enjoy problem solving (not always
puzzle solving Wink. Programmer by nature.

--
Caching Name: tuppergurl

Geocaching experience: I found out about geocaching in September 2009 from crackerjakie and fell in love with it ever since. I try to hit a milestone every month and appreciate clever caches and hides. I am a little over 400 caches found and have hidden a few here and there, mostly joint hides with other cachers. Geocaching is a social sport for me and I enjoy caching with other people so you won't find me caching alone often; however, I don't seem to have a problem finding fellow cache addicts to geocache with. I try to leave a mini Tupperware treat in every cache I visit (where I can fit one anyway).

Special Skills and Abilities: I have the uncanny ability to find a cache after everyone I am with has given up. I am also adept at finding a way to wipe out on the way to a cache regardless of terrain. I bring my sheer enthusiasm for caching to the MBGA Executive should I be elected.

--

Caching Name: ohmic

Geocaching experience: I placed my first geocaches on March 26, 2003 at Oak Hammock Marsh as a way to lure visitors to my workplace. I started caching on November 5, 2006.
I have placed 75 and found over 5000 geocaches.
I have been a board member of the MBGA since 2007.

Special Skills and Abilities: Because of my role as events planning, marketing and promotion at Oak Hammock Marsh, I am well connected with many media in Winnipeg and Manitoba. I have been involved with the GPS, GIS and Geocaching education programs offered at Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre for the past 10 years where I’ve delivered workshops to hundreds of students and educators of various grade levels. I have also developed several GPS and geocaching workshops for tourism organizations and other associations.

--
Caching Name: Glacier_ice

Geocaching experience: Geocaching is something that I started in 2006, thanks to my Dad who introduced me. I did only one cache that year and didn't get my second cache until July 2007. The bug bit then and I haven't looked back.

Special Skills and Abilities: I'm married with two Ice Cubes, er, kids and one bird. I currently work as an Educational Assistant for Special Needs students in grades 10, 11 and 12 at Miles MacDonell Collegiate.

I volunteer quite extensively outside of work. I have been working with Special Olympics for about 15 years. While I don't coach, I serve or chair several committees. This year, I'm the communications mission staff for Team Manitoba which will be competing in London Ontario in July.

I am also one of the television directors at Springs Church and have volunteered with the television team for 9 years. This past couple of years, I've been helping out with drama productions at Miles Mac by setting up the lighting and audio.

So what do I have to offer? Well, a bald head, a goofy smile and a red shirt and one year of experience on the MBGA Exec board.

Cache on!

--

Caching Name: Dani_Carriere

Geocaching experience: I’ve been here since the beginning. No, not of time, of the MBGA

Special Skills and Abilities: Everyone loves me.

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: