Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whiteshell area and Kenora members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatPortage

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Whiteshell area and Kenora members Reply with quote

Hi to all

Just wondering if there are members here from the Kenora area? Just starting out in the sport and would be great to met others locally for guidance

Also are there caches in the whiteshell area?
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ratportage,

There’re about 150 caches in The Whiteshell. Many of them are hikes over the shield, some are on islands and there is even 1 you need to dive for.

There are 60 caches within 25 km of The Harbourfront. A number of these were placed by Manitoba cachers, but you’ve got some locals as well like HasteyCrew and Mobythedog. I really enjoyed the hike to Big Dadoo’s Tunnel Island caches.

There’s an event coming up not too far from you (only 170 km) where you could meet some cachers. It’s Creature Feature at Jenga Ranch!

ertyu

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out the Norwest Ontario Geocachers as well. But I think you end up in the middle of the MBGA and NWOG groups. Certainly lots of caches in the Whiteshell and a good selection in Kenora also.
RatPortage

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurdleEggs

Thanks for the reply. After I played around on the geocaching.com site and found lots of the caches in the area(kenora). Now to head out and actually find them. Now to search for Whiteshell listing. Thanks for the information

ertyu

Yeah Kenora has always been stuck between Manitoba and the rest of Ontario. Have gone to the NOG site and seems ok lots of stuff happening in the thunder Bay and east

Thanks to both for the information
Sarada69

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Kenora and just learning about geocaching, tried to find three today and failed each time :S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: