Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advising the Cache Owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissionMode

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Advising the Cache Owner Reply with quote

I am not sure how far to go on this one. There are a lot of new cachers lately and more and more of them are placing caches with very few finds.

Of course given my own newness, I am going to assume this is a trend that was going on before I started 9 months ago... but the effects are being seen more suddenly lately.

Simply put, there are a lot of issues in the way they are posting their caches. One in particular doesn't seem to understand the sizes, and posts everything as a Regular. They indicate the proper size in the details but the rating is completely wrong. Last week Wagonmaker and myself were quite put off by one of these caches, thinking the CO was intentionally misleading people, but now I would tend to think they just don't understand.

So a number of us have commented in our logs about the wrong sizes but none of the caches have been updated. Is it going to far to email the CO directly and tell them what they are doing wrong?
ertyu

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is anything wrong with sending some suggestions and helpful hints, although some people might take it the wrong way.

It's not a new problem, but it's increasing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: