Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaBarrierePark Flood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: May 14, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: LaBarrierePark Flood Reply with quote

So anyone know if I can rescue caches at this location tomorrow or is everything under water already?
burchil

PostPosted: May 15, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not be under water - I was out earlier. The road is a problem from Waverly or 247 (from 75) but you can come from the Brady Road past the dump (or south side of the dump across from waverly). There is a bridge on the west side of the golf course that is high. I don't think you can access it down the road to the golf course but coming up from the land fill should work.

I think it would be unlikely for the free roam part of the park to go under.

I will likely be out tomorrow and can let you know.
burchil

PostPosted: May 16, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out at the park today. Marchand Rd is open again to access from the south. The bridge is still underwater but it is much lower - I expect the province is drawing down the river through the flood way in anticipation of the water from the Assiniboine.

Although I might be wrong I can't imagine any of the caches (except possibly bridge blitz) would go under at this point even with additional water coming from the Assiniboine breach->La Salle river.
Shebaz Jenkins

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went out this weekend and the park is in phenomenal shape. Some of the areas are pretty dried out and cracking in the bush where the water has receded but that is the only clue of the flood.

On the plus side, the park has been extremely quiet this year. There was 4 cars in the lot on a Sunday afternoon. Lots of fishing at the bridge though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: