Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlecache 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Battlecache 2 Reply with quote

It was pointed out that we had neglected to start a thread for Battlecache 2 here. So here it is! Smile

As many of you know, this year's battlecache rules included a new one that had a 50 character limit. After the most recent Exec meeting, it was decided to change this rule to:

Qualifying Battlecache hits must have quality Found Logs written to the cache owner. The quality of the log will be judged at the discretion of the game judges. Logs with only acronyms such as TFTC or TNLN TFTC with no other positive feedback will most definitely not be acceptible log entries.

Explanation: Due to the increased number of log entries that are very short, in many cases due to default settings in smart phone software; (ie just entering ‘TFTC’) we want to foster a more positive and informative cache logging etiquette

If cachers are having trouble changing their settings or would like to know how to change the default log entry in their software, please ask and some of our knowledgeable techies may be able to help.

Now, go out and sink some ships!

kissme11

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to delete an entry? I was having a blonde moment and didn't realize the red squares were already taken.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me an email with the details of your shot and I'll look at it.

Just so that everyone is aware, once a shot has been taken, it is final. However, sometimes there are exceptions, such as this. Smile

LookieMonster

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Battlecache 2 Reply with quote

Maybe it's just that I'am a newbie, however I have yet been able to submit a shot in the 3, 4, or 5 columns. I have found caches with a '4' in them but those do not have one of the eligible letters in the code. Is this be design? That is, are elegible caches with 3,4 or 5's available but not in say, Manitoba? Question
ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The waypoint codes are generated sequentially for all caches in the world. So there should be some of every thing every where. Certain combinations will be much more common as strings of new caches inevitably have a 2 in them currently.
MissionMode

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have lots of finds and want to know how they distribute amongst the gameboard without a lot of work on your part, let me know.

I'm sure I'm not the first to do so, but I have written a program which will tell me the hits for each GC Code and which GC Codes match each hit. Eventually I am hoping I can make it produce the optimal gameboard based on my finds but I've only put an hour or two into it and I haven't written a game-solution thingy in about 15 years or so.

You would need to supply your list of codes.

Unfortunately my language of choice doesn't make it easy to provide here unless you are a programmer type and can run it yourself.

PM or email if you are interested.
TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM: Fortran?
MissionMode

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... no its just Java... but I guess all I meant is its not a scripting language I can make a page out of for others to convert them on their own.
AngelFreak

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used notepad to figure out hits. I just made a list of all the gc codes I found and sectioned it with a date title, then typed the hit options to the right of each. After that it was simply logic to slowly narrow down the hits needed. I just saved any that had more than one option until I found another one that could help narrow it again.

I am so thankful to the Battlecache 2 game as it really helped encourage me to keep caching even with the winter here! Wonder what will happen when I complete it right away... hmmm....

Georgia

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am so thankful to the Battlecache 2 game as it really helped encourage me to keep caching even with the winter here! Wonder what will happen when I complete it right away... hmmm....

Angelfreak - you need to sign up for OBG Bingo - that one kept me going through the worst winter days last year!

AngelFreak

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgia wrote:
Quote:

Angelfreak - you need to sign up for OBG Bingo - that one kept me going through the worst winter days last year!

That will help me in my second year.

AngelFreak

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE! Very Happy
Am I the first to complete it?

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... you'll have to wait until the results are revealed at the AGM.

_______________--_________________--__________________

LookieMonster

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: OBG Bingo Reply with quote

Georgia, what is OBG Bingo? Please elaborate for us newbies.
Thank you
ohmic

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: OBG Bingo Reply with quote

OBG Bingo is a fun and challenging puzzle cache that requires to find one cache for every calendar day in order to log it. It is named after Old Billygoat (OBG) who placed the cache.
Check it out and let the fun begins! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Events & Contests Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: