Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for nominees for the MBGA 2012 AGM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Call for nominees for the MBGA 2012 AGM Reply with quote

Nominations are requested for MBGA director’s positions to be elected at the Annual General Meeting on April 14, 2012.

The board of directors will serve to manage the affairs of the MBGA for a one year term following the election. If you, or someone you know, would like to volunteer please e-mail nomination@mbgeocaching.ca with the name and contact information of the nominee. Permission must be obtained before nominating another person. Nominees should submit a statement of their qualifications before the AGM.

Nominations are accepted for any Manitoba resident, 18 years or older, who is an eligible voting member of the MBGA for at least thirty (30) days prior to the election. Nominations are open until midnight, March 31, 2012.

For further details on the election and operation of the MBGA please refer to the Election Policy and Bylaws. Reviewing past meeting minutes of the MBGA committee will also give you an idea of what to expect.

Nominees are running for a director’s position on the board. Once the group of directors has been elected, the board will elect officer positions.

As per the MBGA Election Policy, if there are insufficient nominees to fill the Board positions, a call for nominees from the floor shall occur
at the AGM

SiaFhir

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the list of nominees to be on the board of the MBGA for 2012 (click on the name for their profile):

Jo-Ann (AngelFreak)

I've been geocaching since July 2010 and involved with the MBGA board since November 2010. I have always enjoyed organizing parties for my friends and family so I was very happy to organize my first event for the board in February 2011 and then take position as Interim Events Coordinator in March 2011. I have been enjoying planning events for the MBGA ever since. It has inspired me to focus on a career in this type of field therefore I plan on taking business and marketing courses at Red River. I've been proud to be on the board this past year and look forward to contributing more to the geocaching community in the future!

Eric (Erocks)

I've worked as an industrial sprayer for 9 years and recently was appointed on the safety committee at my work. I also enjoy volunteering and am currently doing so at Oak Hammock Marsh. I have 17 years experience in scouting. I enjoy camping, fishing, boating, hiking, rock climbing, and pretty much anything outdoors. I started geocaching almost a year ago and have recently hit 1000 finds. I became a member of the MBGA just before GeoVenture 2011 then started attending board meetings in January and helping at events when needed. I really like meeting and talking with new people and look forward to helping on the board wherever I can.

Mike (Glacier_ice)

My name is Mike Neale, aka Glacier_ice. You may remember me from such Geocaches as 'Another Stupid Micro', 'Zach's Place' and 'Photo Edited'. I am currently serving my second term as MBGA President and my third year on the board of directors. There will be no vote bribery coming from me, so if you were looking for tips to solve Photo Edited in exchange for your vote, I am sorry, but you'll have to solve that one the old fashioned way. I will, however, continue to share stories, in my cache logs, about my three little Ice Cubes that sometimes go caching with me. I am willing to keep my name on the ballot for this year's election and continue to serve on the board of directors. I look forward to meeting the new geocachers who will be attending their first AGM this year. I also look forward to tasting all of the yummy Bacon at the Baconpalooza. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Andrew (SiaFhir)

My name is SiaFhir, aka “dat guy dat looks like Matt Damon”, or lesser known as Andrew. I've been geocaching since September 2008 when I discovered the sport following the purchase of a Garmin Nuvi and wondering what else I can do with it. I got instantly hooked after my first find and have been enjoying every moment since then (even the frustrating ones that lead to a DNF!) I'm a computer software developer working for a consulting company, in the process of learning a few new languages (Ruby on Rails; Groovy/Grails), and I'm working towards expanding my horizons into training and public seminars on a variety of computer-related topics. In other words, I'm a silent coder who plans to get a little louder. I have proudly served on the MBGA board as the Vice President in the past year, and I wish to continue to serve on the board in the 2012-2013 year. Thank you for your consideration.

Sandy (swelbergen)

Teacher, procrastinator, fairweather geocacher. Finds as swelbergen, hides as ChapmanSchool. Loves footwear, scarves, and Chapstick, all essential for a successful geocaching jaunt, yet still needs a decent pair of rubber boots. Personally and unabashedly responsible for Skoki and icimondo, both of which are responsible for abating her fear of rain, spiders and tornadoes. Driven to teach school children all about sustainability, GPS, remote sensing, estimating, road safety, problem solving and responsible use of technology (i.e. GEOCACHING), just so she has an excuse to teach out-of-doors and escape from the classroom. "Um, yeah, we're on a field trip..."

Kristina (TXNCHK)

My name is Kristina Graham (aka TXNCHK) and I am interested in continuing my service on the MBGA board for the 2012-2013 term. I served as the Treasurer for the 2011-2012 year. For those of you who don't know, I moved to Winnipeg from Fort Worth, TX in 2004 to be with my now husband, Jurg (aka MonkeyMan), whom I married in 2006. I graduated with an MA in English from the University of Manitoba in the summer of 2008. While completing my degree, I served as Treasurer for the Association of Graduate English Students (pAGES) from the spring semester of 2005 through the fall semester of 2008. I also concurrently served as Social Convener (Event Planner) for pAGES during the 2007 and 2008 school years. I currently work in the Adoptions Department at the Winnipeg Humane Society as well as from home as a technical editor and writer. I have been Geocaching since October 2010 and have loved almost every find, I really can't even begin to pick a favorite one. If the cleverness of the hide doesn't resonate, then the beautiful scenery or the fantastic people I am with all contribute to make fun and lasting memories!

The Board shall consist of five to twelve Board Members.

As per the MBGA Election Policy, if there are insufficient nominees to fill the Board positions, a call for nominees from the floor shall occur
at the AGM. We have six, which meets the minimum of five, but we can go up to 12, so we will still call from the floor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: