Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loss of a Geomobile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torossi

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Loss of a Geomobile Reply with quote

It is with deep sadness that I report on the untimely passing of the Bergmannfamily Geomobile on June 25, 2012, on or near N 49 52.246 W 097 04.243

Passing occurred suddenly when a gravel truck made an improper lane change. In one last feat of heroism, the Bergmannfamily Geomobile performed as designed and protected its driver( yeah don't worry, Bergmannfamily is fine! no one got hurt....all is well!)

For 5 plus years this geomobile took Bergmannfamily on many geocaching adventures across the country. I had the honor of traveling in her on a few caching adventures with Bergmannfamily. In fact it was destined to take its greatest geocaching adventure on June 26 when it was to be part of a vehicle convoy to The Enterprise power trail with Bergmannfamily, Torossi and Devildawg. Sadly it did not make it. Out of respect for the deceased, the adventure has been temporarily postponed.

In lieu of flowers Bergmannfamily asks that donations be made to The Manitoba Geocaching Association in memory of the geomobile. Condolences may be left at TB2K8X3.

It was a privilege riding in you......Rest in Peace........or pieces!!!
Trove Chasers

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Loss of Geomobile Reply with quote

Bergmannfamily: Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your geomobile.
Erocks

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone is OK and I really think its great that donations are going to the MBGA. I know I will be donating.... I know geomobile will be truly missed and hope you have new great adventures in a new one. Glad to hear everyone is OK. It could have been a lot worse. God and luck is definetly on your side. Smile
bergmannfamily

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: New geocar Reply with quote

The old geocar was a great beast of burden. A replacement in the form of a jeep has been acquired, and I suspect it will be easier to get into some rough places with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: