Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cabelas, March 16 and 23, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Cabelas, March 16 and 23, 2013 Reply with quote

Volunteer Shifts

--

Here are the shifts available. So far this is focused on filling the 16th as we aren't committed to the other days... yet. (Unless we can easily fill all the shifts.)

First shift should arrive earlier for booth setup. Also, if volunteers have a laptop (preferred) or tablet they can bring to their shift, it would be appreciated. That way they can demonstrate the website.

Saturday March 16th
1. 9:00am – 12:00pm - Person 1: Chris Benson (netleyhunter) Person 2: ** Susan (Photogirl541)
2. 12:00pm – 3:00pm - Person 1: ** Lynda. L. Person 2: Rhonda (4elements5senses)
3. 3:00pm – 6:00pm - Person 1: Stacy (GroovyPinkSocks) Person 2: ** Bruce (The Black Flight) Person 3: Shebaz Jenkins

** Bringing Laptop

Geocaching Presentation, 4:00pm - Mike Neale (Glacier_ice)

-------------

Saturday March 23rd
1. 9:00am – 12:00pm - Person 1: **Lynda. L. Person 2:
2. 12:00pm – 3:00pm- Person 1: ** Bruce (The Black Flight) Person 2: Bryan (roddandtoddflanders)
3. 3:00pm – 6:00pm - Person 1: Person 2:

Last edited by glacier_ice on Mar 15, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Store Map showing where our booth is.

glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Cabelas reminders Reply with quote

Cabelas Reminders

These are the reminders from Cabelas to all exhibitors.
--

• Store Hours are 9:00am-9:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am-6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday

• Always check in and out of our building via the employee entrance located on the West side of the building - around and past Dollarama. Park in any employee parking spot along that side of the building. Ring the doorbell and a Cabela’s employee will let you into our staff area. This is where you will receive your exhibitor badge. You must wear your badge at all times.

• As a thank you, we would like to offer you a one-time purchase at our employee discount level for your assistance in our store. When purchasing your products at our employee discount please check out at Customer Service. Please plan to do your shopping when you are done representing your group for the event. You will hand in your exhibitor badge when the sale takes place.

• If you are setting your booth up on a Saturday morning we prefer that you arrive at 8:30am to ensure that you are set by the time the store opens. If you have made alternate arrangements to arrive later or leave earlier please send me a quick e-mail to confirm these details.

• Please remember that while you are representing your group you are also representing Cabela’s. Your attire, rhetoric, and behavior should all be of a professional manner. If you have any questions on this please feel free to ask.

On behalf of everyone here at Cabela’s we want you to know that we truly appreciate your presence at our store. You make us a better retailer and hopefully we make your group stronger by making you available to a large portion of your core participants. I’m always looking to improve your time in our store. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or ideas please let me know so I can make improvements.

The Black Flight

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, is there going to be someone with a wifi password on hand for each laptop "changeover" ? Just wondering how we access their wifi with our laptops.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NetleyHunter pointed out in an email that there is no WiFi. (I thought there was too.) There is RocketSticks available to the presenters in the main area.

What he suggested for people to do on their laptops is open up the website and do some screen captures of what the website/map etc look like.

Also, further to that, you may want to download the PowerPoint presentation that you can have that running as a slide show.
http://www.geocaching.com/tools/intro.aspx

netleyhunter

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who came out to help and take in the event, it was a great time and I think we can be pretty proud of how supportive our fellow geocachers are and it's members.

Mike if you need, I am pretty sure I can work next week in the late afternoon shift.
GentlePurpleRain

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've figured out my schedule. You can put me down for the morning (9:00 - 12:00) on the 23rd, if you still need people.
Oh, and I can bring a laptop.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated, thanks GentlePurpleRain!

Saturday March 23rd

Swellbergen to drop off the materials needed for the booth.

1. 9:00am – 12:00pm - Person 1: **Lynda. L. Person 2:GentlePurpleRain
2. 12:00pm – 3:00pm- Person 1: ** Bruce (The Black Flight) Person 2: Bryan (roddandtoddflanders)
3. 3:00pm – 6:00pm - Person 1: Chris (NetleyHunter) Person 2:

netleyhunter

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for everyone that came out to help at this event! You all did great!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: