Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you kidding me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ztirnats

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Are you kidding me. Reply with quote

This morning we were reading the online Free Press and an article on Things To Do. The list was varied from Pet People, Concert and a Cause, Go Figure, Grape Love and the one that caught our eye was Hide and Seek. This lead to more searching and the link:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/parks/act_interp/pdf/bhpp_gps_hike_seek.pdf

We were out for a Sunday drive heading that way, so we thought we would drop in to see what this was all about.

The senior interpreter, Lindsay, had a bin of GPS's to loan to the more than 25 interested families (mostly young families with school aged children). 7 caches (35 mm film canisters) had been placed along the Nimowin Trail with information in each one reflecting the Leave No Trace principles. Lindsay was overwhelmed by the turnout as she only had 8 handouts regarding the Leave No Trace principles. As Z'ad continues to struggle with her knee injury we opted out of the hike. On our way back to our vehicle we encountered a man in full ceremonial hunting gear (wolf regalia) and a bow and arrow with full hunting arrow heads. Lindsay went to intercept this "hunter in the park". We did not hang around to know the outcome.

We continued on with our Sunday drive stopping by the final of Drib Hill Lives to make sure all survived the winter.
glacier_ice

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear there was a good turn out. The hunting part is definitely concerning. A good reminder for all geocachers to be aware of.

That reminds me that they had forwarded me an email about a week and a half ago with similar events coming up asking if we would help promote them. I admit, I had been in the middle of a reply email to the sender, was distracted and the email was deleted and due to many following distractions I completely forgot about it. That's on me.

Also reminds me that I haven't tried my hand at stage one of Drib Hill Lives again... now that the snow is gone... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: