Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding a Cache More Than Once

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trag_cachers

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Finding a Cache More Than Once Reply with quote

I noticed that Geocaching.com allows you to log a Found log more than once on a cache, and the stats on Geocaching.com also reports how many distinct caches you have found.

So under what circumstances can you log a Found log on a cache more than once?

Thanks!
ruylopez

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it twice when the cache owner has completely changed the hide from the first time I've found it, but that was a while ago and I have chosen not to log a cache twice even for that reason since.

There are some challenge caches that allow you to log a find more than once if you complete the challenge a second time, or some variation of it. My own "Caching the periodic table" challenge cache allows anyone to log a second find if they complete the entire table.

Of course, this is only my opinion and the way I have chosen to play the game.

Also, if anyone is interested in finding out if they've logged a cache more than once by accident, there is a website called project-gc. This link will let you find bad logs (duplicate on caches you've logged and caches that you own): http://project-gc.com/Profile/FindBadLogs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: