Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Gees Louise" is missing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonagal

PostPosted: May 28, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: "Gees Louise" is missing Reply with quote

A long-time favourite cache in Winnipeg, Gees Louise Driving Me Nuts (GCNZG0), has disappeared in the past two days (confirmed with photos). An experienced cacher held it in his hand but couldn't get it open, then found the spot vacant a couple days later. Those who have found this one over the years know this is not a cache that simply "goes missing"; someone had to systematically remove the cache. The cache's owner, The-Stuntman, has not been active for a few years now and so is unlikely to replace it.

The question then is do we try to replace the cache (mindful that it was a pretty unique container, and that the location may be compromised), or has this one seen its last days? If anyone is in contact with The-Stuntman, would they be willing to get an opinion from him?
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of June 16, the cache was still missing. Having heard no response here, by the end of the month I plan to ask OCC to archive it.
crackerjackie

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me really sad. tuppergurl found this one in our early days and it was the first of it's kind that we had ever found. I am very very sad to see this one be archived.
Stonagal

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC archived it this morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: