Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeamAngryHamster

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Site Suggestion Reply with quote

TeamAngryHamster here,

I was just poking around a few other geocaching sites from different cities, when I realized that we don't have a "Join Me For Finds" Forum.

I'm pretty new here. Have we ever had a sub-forum for this kind of networking?

It would be useful for somebody like myself who currently doesn't know too many people in the area, but wouldn't mind getting together with fellow cachers to nab a few finds on any given day.

Thoughts? Ideas? Discuss. Very Happy
Stonagal

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting idea! I'm not aware of anything like that having been on the site. There's a lot of that going on on Facebook right now, especially with the Geo-Friendship Challenge published last month (GC4HVXQ). But being new, you probably don't have many/any other cachers on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, add Manitoba Geocaching-Association as a friend. Cachers sometimes post there as a way to arrange caching outings. And of course, pub nights and other MBGA events are a great way to meet people.
Hockey_family

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good way to contact other cachers for finds is PAF. PAF meants "Phone a friend" but it can also be used for what you said above. A good way to get PAFs is just sending a PM to someone. Then they may reply with their # Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: