Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outdoor cooking seminar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizardo

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Outdoor cooking seminar Reply with quote

Tonight a friend and I went to an Outdoor Cooking Class at the Miracle Ranch.  This was offered through the C of W leisure guide.  The class was great fun and quite informative.  The instructor offers a few different classes.  This one was Camp Dutch Oven Cooking.  Total cost including food was around 25.00.  

We made chicken parmesan, a potato vegetable medley with melted cheese, monkey bread, apple brown betty in the dutch ovens and potatoes, gound beef and veggies in a foil wrap on the coals.  While that was cooking there was bannock on a stick, and bannock wrapped weiners on a stick.  And for the valve closer of a lifetime: cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped weiners covered in bannock.

Many of the dishes were fairly obvious to anyone with outdoor cooking experience, but I think everyone could learn something from the class.

Check the leisure guide in the fall for the classes if you're interested.  I think I'll be going to the session on grilling.  I suspect there will be more bacon.

FoodNinja

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Outdoor cooking seminar Reply with quote

this is something I would be soo interested in, I have been doing my own outdoor cooking experience, most of them involve something that looks like a jet engine with charcoal in it.

There should soo be a geo cook off event ....

Ingredients hidden at waypts

every cook is given a list and coords

they have to prioritize what they need

find what they need while competeing with other geo cooks for ingredients..

hmmm maybe food ninja will host an event next summer.

Ztirnats

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Outdoor cooking seminar Reply with quote

Lesson #33

Take brown paper bag

Place 3 strips of raw bacon in the bottom of the bag

Break 2 fresh eggs into bag on top of bacon

Place on campfire grill making sure the flame does not reach the top of the bag.

Wait 3 minutes

Take bag off fire, tear off top and eat the delicious breakfast.  When done throw paper bag in fire.

ps Do NOT use a waxed paper bag.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Off-Topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: