Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wherezit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: RE: Turnback Canyon Reply with quote

Yep, that's it. Note how wide the river is north of the canyon, before it gets funnelled into that narrow gorge. If you ever want a life altering experience rafting either the Alsek or Tatshenshini rivers through the coastal range will give you some new perspective. Mt. Logan is only about 100 km from there and you are on the fringe of the world's largest nonpolar icefields. The rafting tours down the Alsek have a helicopter fly their clients over Turnback Canyon when they reach it.

MBeans

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

To log this find you need to name the person that you can see on the ground at these coordinates:

***disregard this post***

-- Edited by MBeans at 22:01, 2007-01-21

Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Would that be Buffalo Bill, @ Buffalo Bill's, in Primm, Nevada?

-- Edited by Jimbo 2 at 21:35, 2007-01-21

lizardo

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Cool Game. I'm logging in to get notifications. Which are DEFINITELY required!

MBeans

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Ok, my previous post was suposed to be coordinates to a giant cover of Maxim Magazine with Eva Longoria on the cover in the middle of the desert. I don't know if it is a hoax or if the satalite images just aren't up to date.

Lets try this one instead. This is easy, just post what is seen at these coordinates:

5220'10.91"N 011'43.28"W

Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

An AIRPLANE!, flying over Huntingdon, England, no less.....

Please don't ask me what type it is.....

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: RE: Avro Lancaster Bomber Reply with quote

Its an Avro Lancaster Bomber of WWII vintage returning from an airshow as I recall.

It looks like the Maxim cover was only there for a while and was since updated with new imagery, a google search for Maxim cover Primm Nevada will give you an idea of what used to be there.

I was wondering if you pulled it because it was too racey

Jimbo 2

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Dragonfreys wrote:

Its an Avro Lancaster Bomber of WWII vintage returning from an airshow as I recall.

It looks like the Maxim cover was only there for a while and was since updated with new imagery, a google search for Maxim cover Primm Nevada will give you an idea of what used to be there.

I was wondering if you pulled it because it was too racey

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12186858/

ohmic

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

What about my two castles? I'm still pending confirmation...

MBeans

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

The two Castles are right. My wife and I also visited the castles in Fussen Germany on our honeymoon and are going to Disney Castle in March!

ohmic

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

My interest in wildlife always makes me discover new and interesting facts and places.

Here's a cool one for you.

What used to be mined at this remote National Wildlife Refuge?

0 22'00.00"S 160 00'00.00"W

-- Edited by ohmic at 11:43, 2007-01-24

dutch53

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Lets see......... I believe it is guano that was mined there, like so many other remote islands that have large bird colonies. The island is Jarvis Island.

-- Edited by dutch53 at 12:09, 2007-01-24

ohmic

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Correct my friend!
Guano was mined heavily in the 1800's for fertilizer.
You're up.

dutch53

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

N 14 33' 31.62 W 90 44' 01.66

This location was once the capital of Central America but with in a couple of hundred years the capital was moved to what is now Guatemala City. What was the reason for moving the whole city?

Today it is one of the main tourist attraction of the region, with many historical churches, public and private buidings. It has a great market with many of the local people sell their products.

milesmac

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Wherezit? Reply with quote

Shortly after the Spanish conquest of Guatemala, the first capital was on a site part-way up this mountain. It was destroyed by a flood and mudslide when an earthquake let loose the water from the crater, and the capital of Guatemala was moved down the valley to the current Antigua. The original site is a village now known as "Ciudad Vieja", ("The Old City").

source:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> GeoGames Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 4 of 39

Jump to: