Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) in t
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

Currently there are 276 coins purchased, with the per coin price sitting at C$2.4663 each.

Note that if current averages continue, there are only about another 175 coins (and maybe less) left for purchase.

This is because we are only allowed to mint up to 500 coins, and we are not allowed to make a profit. Since 500 coins will cost $2.10-$2.20 each, pre-sales at $2.45 will mean that sales will stop between 400 and 450 coins. People who have ordered 50 coins might receive 55 or so, at that point.

Order early, order often!

grnbrg
ertyu

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

If the demand is there for 500, you can always provide a small refund so we can mint 500 without making a profit. Or I'm not sure who can't make a profit, donate the extra to the MBGA.

Thanks for organizing.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

ertyu wrote:
If the demand is there for 500, you can always provide a small refund so we can mint 500 without making a profit. Or I'm not sure who can't make a profit, donate the extra to the MBGA.

Thanks for organizing.

We'll see how things play out -- orders have started to plateau again somewhat, as most of the emails sent out on Sunday have been received, and those who were really interested have ordered. I've got 317 coins ordered, with the current per-coin cost of C$2.4261 each. If I were to bet, I'd guess a final order of 400 coins. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong. We'll see what kind of demand there is later in the week.

As far as profit, if any, I'll check with GC.com when I clear the final design with them. I'll write a cheque to them or to the MBGA, whichever they direct. I don't think it'll be more than $15-$20 anyway. I don't want to have to try and deal with refunding $0.10 per coin to everyone who has ordered. Too much of a pain.

I've been in touch with the rep at Xpressions, and he has forwarded draft artwork to Faro (the coin company) for feedback. I should know in a couple days what size digit pad on the back side is needed, and if any of the other elements need to be changed. I suspect that the solar panels on the satellite in the top right quadrant of our logo will need adjustment. The lines making up the grid pattern are very fine, and the 16 squares may need to be dropped to 12, 8 or even 6 in order to show up at all.

I'm hoping that if I can get most of the details (artwork fixes, copyright clearance, etc) out of the way this week, then I can submit final artwork Monday evening, and approve a proof from Faro on Tuesday (Dec. 6th). If this is the case, I should be able to pick up the finished coins no later than December 20th. I'll probably schedule the pickups on the evenings of the 22nd and 23rd (Thursday and Friday). I've set up an email list with the people who have orders -- I'll finalize the details there.

grnbrg
junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

I doubt that GC.com would care if you make a $15-$20 overall profit on these coins.  They just don't want to see people making huge profits using their copywrited artwork.  A few cents per coin is hardly worth worrying about.

By the way, thanks for all your hard work in pulling this together.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Update: 343 coins, $2.4048 each. Reply with quote

Currently, 343 coins have been ordered, with a per-coin cost of C$2.4048 each. It's looking very possible that there will only be 350-400 coins in the final run.

I will be submitting the final order and artwork sometime Monday, so if you're waiting for the last minute, it's getting close.

grnbrg
grnbrg

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: 350 coins payed for! Reply with quote

The last minute has come and gone. I just recieved an order that put me at exactly 350 coins.

This means that any small orders that I recieve Saturday or Sunday may not be filled. I will need a minium of 15 additional coins sold before it makes sense to bump the order to 375.

Any PayPal payments that are sent that do not get included will be refunded in full, so not to worry on that account.

I'd like to thank all the members who have purchased coins and made this happen.

grnbrg
grnbrg

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: They're here! They're here! Reply with quote

See the picture in the new thread at the top....

Yay!

grnbrg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: