Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) in t
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) in t Reply with quote

Ok, I've got confirmed interest in over 200 coins. I'm going to say "GO!". GC.com has requested that "Geocaching.com" be placed under thier logo, and I'm going to submit a couple of different back sides with smaller pads for number stamping. But this is the basic design and colour. There will be a minimum of 250 coins, and a maximum of 500. I'll allow people to request specific numbers, but there are no guarantees. First come, first served.

I am setting the order price at $2.45 per coin, which includes taxes. Base your order on that amount. If the final per-coin price is cheaper than this, you will recieve a couple of extra coins. Similarly, if there final price is slightly higher, (because of PayPal fees, for example) you may receive a couple fewer coins than requested. Any coins that cannot be distributed evenly will be donated to the Association for prizes in future events.

I'm including a PayPal link for payment. I will not finalize transactions until I have the minimum order of 250 coins. If I don't get that, I'll reverse all transactions, refunding all payments.

Note that I intend to chop the order at a multiple of 25. ie: If I receieve orders for 280 coins, the orders for the additional 5 may not happen (Although I will give those people the option to make up the additional 20 coins to make a final total of 300). I'm doing this so that the "of 999" is a nice number. Again, first come, first served.

I will close orders and order the coins from Xpressions on December 5th, or when we hit 500 coins. If there are not enough orders at that time, I'll evaluate whether to drop the order or extend the deadline. Given a 10-15 day turnaround, the coins should be available in time for Christmas, *IF* the order is submitted an the 5th.

When the coins arrive, I will make them available for pickup. I'll probably pick an evening and an afternoon, and hang out at a downtown Second Cup for a few hours.

I'll post an updated design image shortly, and keep people posted as to the number of orders.

Yes! I want to order some MBGA Geocoins!"

Cost: Approximatly C$2.45 each.      

Note: If you need your order to be shipped, or don't want to use PayPal, please email me at grnbrg at g ma il dot c om.

grnbrg
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

One request we have is that you pick a coffee shop/restaurant that has decent parking available. Thanks for all the work you've already done on this!

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

Got my order in thanks!  No need to ship, I'll have family in Winnipeg pick mine up for me.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

Parking request noted. I'm guessing it'll be Starbucks in Osbourne Villiage one evening and the Second Cup in the mall at Polo Park on a Saturday afternoon.

Current count is 175 coins ordered. We only need another 75 to guarantee the order.

grnbrg
1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

I guess all I should have requested was suggested parking co-ords nearby!

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

Here's a sample of the latest design. Click on the thumbnail for a larger sized image. And no fancy colour this time -- this is a straight conversion from the artwork I'll be submitting.

I'm not sure which of the four back sides will be used -- it will depend on what size the coin company requires for the stamping of the digits. The "250" and "450" are the most likey, but that's just a guess. "250" is the size they recommended when I asked, but who knows.

grnbrg

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

Hopefully they can use the 450 one - that's a nice balanced size between the GC logo and the number bar.

TheStuntman

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

I really like the "of 500"  The smaller the number bar the better. Even the smallest bar can still fit a number like 100,000 You can even fit for example #429 of 450 all on the bar. I also like the large geocaching insignia on the back.  

-- Edited by TheStuntman at 15:24, 2005-11-23

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

TheStuntman wrote:

I really like the "of 500"  The smaller the number bar the better. Even the smallest bar can still fit a number like 100,000 You can even fit for example #429 of 450 all on the bar. I also like the large geocaching insignia on the back.  

The problem is that the number is going to be stamped onto each coin, probably in an automated or semi-automated machine. Font size and number of digits are not something we can specify. If the digits are 3/16ths square, and the machine always stamps 4 digits, we'll need the 1/4"x1" pad in the "of 250" sample.

I'm hoping that by providing the company with a couple of options, they can pick the smallest pad that they can reliably stamp. My personal preference would be the "of 500" design as well.

Before I laid out the back side design, I emailed the coin company and asked what space they needed, and got the '.25"x1"' answer. When I asked for clarification about only needing .75" for 3 digits, the answer was that it made no difference. So the most likely outcome is going to be the "of 250" design. But I'm giving them options, so maybe we'll get a smaller pad. But I won't know for sure until I send in the order.

As an aside, I still only have orders for 175 coins. I need another 75 to make the coins happen.

grnbrg

junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

grnbrg wrote:

As an aside, I still only have orders for 175 coins. I need another 75 to make the coins happen.

Any update on this?  I'm hoping these coins will be made, and ready by the time I'm home for Christmas!

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

junglehair wrote:
grnbrg wrote:
Any update on this?  I'm hoping these coins will be made, and ready by the time I'm home for Christmas!

<sigh>

So far I have paid orders for approximately 180 coins. Without more interest, this is going to be a no-go.

I have sent messages to everyone on the MBGA Committee with a draft email to be sent out to members. Hopefully an email can be sent out in the next day or two, and another 70+ coins get ordered this week.

More info as I get it.

grnbrg
grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

As you may have noticed, an email has been sent out to all MBGA members. (Thanks, MI!!)

I've already had another order come in.

grnbrg
Peter and Gloria

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

I just placed a large order that should pretty well ensure that this deal can go through. I would prefer the "500" coins with the "450" as a second choice (but I guess we're at the mercy of teh manufacturer.

grnbrg

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: HAPPY HAPPY! JOY JOY!! Reply with quote

By my count, I now have paid orders for 244 coins. If for some reason demand disappears, and no more are ordered, I'll buy the extra 6 myself.

We have enough to guarantee the coin order!

* grnbrg
junglehair

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: RE: MBGA Geocoin: Now taking orders! (Delivery (Hopefully!) Reply with quote

grnbrg wrote:

We have enough to guarantee the coin order!

Yay!  Doing the happy dance here in Rochester too!  I can't wait to see how these turn out.  And if distribution occurs between Christmas and New Years, I could even come out and pick the coins up myself!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: