Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ads on the MBGA Web Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani_carriere

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Ads on the MBGA Web Site Reply with quote

As some of you may have already noticed, we're going to start selling ad space on our web site as a way to raise funds for events and other opportunities.

There is a new Google search area and Google Ad space on the right hand side of the page.  You can use the search for searching both our site and the web.  Each time someone does a search from our pages, or clicks on one of the Google Ads, we get paid.  Mind you, it's not a lot, but it will add up as time goes by.  So, click and search away, and spread the word.

We're also in the works on having more ad space on the main page where we'll sell it as a subscription ($x/month or $x/page view). 

The more we visit/use our site, the more money we make.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: RE: Ads on the MBGA Web Site Reply with quote

Ads are no problem, but I managed to intercept a trojan program trying to load on one of my 'secure' computers from adds in this discussion board.

Hopefully we aren't opening some doors for more of those. I may lead a sheltered life, but I haven't had to deal with viruses for a long time and don't wish to.

My

Cheers, Dragonfreys

junglehair

PostPosted: May 01, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Ads on the MBGA Web Site Reply with quote

Dragonfreys wrote:

Ads are no problem, but I managed to intercept a trojan program trying to load on one of my 'secure' computers from adds in this discussion board. Hopefully we aren't opening some doors for more of those. I may lead a sheltered life, but I haven't had to deal with viruses for a long time and don't wish to. My Cheers, Dragonfreys

I had the same thing happen while viewing these forums recently.  Fortunately, our virus checker at work here caught and quarantined the trojan program. 

grnbrg

PostPosted: May 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Ads on the MBGA Web Site Reply with quote

Dragonfreys wrote:
Ads are no problem, but I managed to intercept a trojan program trying to load on one of my 'secure' computers from adds in this discussion board.
Hopefully we aren't opening some doors for more of those. I may lead a sheltered life, but I haven't had to deal with viruses for a long time and don't wish to.
My
Cheers, Dragonfreys

We don't have any control over the ads on the forum, unfortunately.

The ads slated for the MBGA website will be either Google Ads, which has a very strict policy for the advertisers, (meaning no pop ups or other nastyness), or ad space that we've personally sold, and will be a locally served image and link.

grnbrg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: