Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can someone explain to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery_1

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: can someone explain to me Reply with quote

Why does it seem to take so long for my llisting to be posted on the site, when I see sites being posted almost daily. Likesome people place their sites one day, and the next day they are being found and finds are being posted. There seems to be something wrong if we submit our caches on Sunday and on Tueday we are still waiting for them to be listed on the site?

1Queenand4Jokers

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: RE: can someone explain to me Reply with quote

There are several reasons for delays.
1. We are subject to the time that volunteers (cache approvers) have available to work on caches. A week is a bit long, 3 days is quite normal, and 1 hour has happened. They are real people who are volunteers and do it when it suits them between their real job and their real life which may include kids, dogs, sporting events and funerals.
2.It depends how many caches are in line for approval as well. When you upload your new cache it goes into a virtual line-up with other caches and it goes according to when you've sent it to the approver not when you've hidden it. Some hide a cache and list it within minutes. Some wait a week or two.
3.If you are a relatively new cacher the approver will take a little extra time often checking where your cache is hidden and how far it is from other caches. Especially if it is a multi or puzzle cache.
4. Another problem can be geocaching.com itself whose servers can be slower at times and perhaps even the cache approver has trouble getting a cache listed.

Those are a few reasons - there are probably more. Another good tip is fast approval is to write a note to the reviewer saying exactly what the container is, where it is hidden ie stump/ bridge etc. and every co-ord for every stage of the multi for example. The more prepared you are the better chance you have of getting listed fast.
Trust us - It will be out soon if there are no conflicts with other caches or with the location. Just double check the cache to make sure you've provided all the info needed.

winnipegk5

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: RE: can someone explain to me Reply with quote

The last 10 or 12 caches I have sent in have been approved in less than 24 hours. There were 4 of them that came back approved in about 4 hours. I try to send them in at times other than Sunday night or on the weekends. It seems to make them come back approved quicker that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: