Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery_1

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

I am beginning discussions on this topic with the hopes of being able to sell enough coins to enable an order of these coins.

I have heard nothing but good things with regards to these mock up designs and am now opening up to everyone else an oportunity to pre order (commit) to these.

There will only be 500 coins minted at this time the coins will be sold for approximately $9.25 per and you the purchaser will be responcible for shipping.

Because of the costs associated with these I am unable to bear the burden of minting these and then trying to market them as well,too risky and too much $ for a poor guy like me.

Once we reach the magic number for ordering, and payment have been met we will go ahead with the order and get it done.

If on the slight chance there are any profits made on this endevor they will be donated back to a charity, or whereever the members decide it to be directed to.

I can be emailed directly to slippery_1@mts.net make sure you write pre order on the subject line.

I would love to see this become a reality and with your help we could have a coin in circulation, designed here in Manitoba.

Your comments will be appreciated.

-- Edited by slippery_1 at 16:40, 2006-08-19

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: RE: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

The coin looks great Slippery – I’ll contact you by e-mail to place my pre-order. Is $9.25 the “all in price” if I were to pick up the coins directly from you, or would I be responsible for shipping from the supplier? If so, any estimate what shipping would come to? Any other fees; taxes for example?

When were you hoping to place the order?

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: RE: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

It's been a while since I started this thread, and I have not recieved a lot of responce to this, if you know anyone who may want any of these please ask them to send me an email so I can get this rolling...thanks.

If you have already responded thank you but I need you guys to spread the word if I am ever going to make this happen...Thanks again for everyones help in this project.

junglehair

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

Not sure why I never saw this post until now, but I would definitely be interested in ordering a couple of those coins. 

TurdleEggs

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: RE: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

The Norman GeoCoin design is great - put me down for 20.

Thanks for the clarification that the price is "all in" including PayPal charge, GST and shipping. I understand that if shipping gets really expensive the price may change slightly.

slippery_1

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Norman Geocoins- pre-Ordering Reply with quote

Ok it seems we only have a few people (35 coins) wanting to order so after Monday I will be opening this up to the world and see about interest in this...

Let me know if you want in on this as it will be a one time order, and who know if or when another like this will ever be done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: