Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camping Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippery_1

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

I haven't seen any more mentioned about this. Is this still happening? I am booking my time off now and would love to attend.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

Will post it soon, just working out the details. Have a lunch meeting today with some locals to discuss organization and ideas. The dates and venue look solid, July 7-9 at Camp Kippechewan, with the event occurring on the 8th.

More to follow soon.....

dani_carriere

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

I found a map of Camp Kippechewan, it's only about 1 km west of where the April event was, isn't it?

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

Thanks for you patience, the event is finally posted. Sorry it is a bit last minute, but we promise it will be worth the wait.

Risky Clear Lake Camp Kip Adventure

cdnwpgr

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

I think the whole thing sounds great. But unfortunately, I have my niece's b-day and my sisters all in the span of the weekend. I would love to go, but not this weekend! Everyone else have fun!

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

More information added to the event listing. Note that there will be at least 6 published caches related to the Risk game to be played out at the event, all with FTF possible. Not to mention a few other caches to be published before then, so there should be a little bit to satiate the diverse interests of those participating.

Risky Clear Lake Camp Kip Adventure

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

dani_carriere wrote:

I found a map of Camp Kippechewan, it's only about 1 km west of where the April event was, isn't it?

Hi Dani,

No its actually east of the April event about 3 or 4 km. It is right on the shore of Clear Lake, which I was swimming in earlier tonight. It has a private beach and the fire circle overlooks the lake. It is probably the nicest lake in Manitoba to swim in. I hosted an event at the site in 2001 attended by people from parks across Canada and they figured out why I hadn't moved back to the Yukon (which in my biased opinion is the most gorgeous place on the planet).

Hope this helps,

Dragonfreys

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

For those with a national park fishing licence the walleye (known locally as pickerel) on Clear Lake are supposed to be making their presence known lately. Mostly along the south shore and east end after 7 pm.

Dragonfreys

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Camping Event Reply with quote

Well the camping event came and went, and we met more new cachers and some favourites from before. We also learned some lessons in event planning that will be usefully applied in future cache planning endevours. Apologies to the risk players for the premature death of the game board. I'm blaming it on the laptop not wanting to see Lizardo win, and self terminating. Especially since it is working fine now.

The weather cooperated beautifully, with a mixed bag of everything, but mostly sun and enough impressive weather (read: thunderstoms & wind) to appreciate the good stuff.

Anyway, it was fun in the sun, and we will have to come up with something even better for the fall.

Ciao for now, Dragonfreys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Caching Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: