Geocaching is a worldwide adventure sport which utilizes GPS devices to hide and seek hidden containers called geocaches. (Learn more about geocaching) To get started geocaching, all you need is a GPS receiver and a geocache location. (Learn more about getting started) You can find a nearby geocache location at geocaching.com by entering an address or town into the search box.
The Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) strives to advance the sport of geocaching through social activities, public education and promotion of geocaching. (Learn more about the MBGA).
*NOTE* The blog posts below sometimes disappear from the first page. Scroll down to the bottom to see previous posts.
- Travel Bug Show & Swap - WinnipegSat Nov 8 10:00am (9 days)
- MBGA Board Meeting - WinnipegMon Nov 10 7:00pm (11 days)
- Country Legends Manitoba MEGA 2015 (WestCan5) - DauphinSat Jul 18 10:00am (261 days)
beancounter69 and junior cachers
at Hoover Dam (December 2005)
- When did you start Geocaching?
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
September 11, 2005, first cache was find me.
There was an article in the Brandon Sun in the fall/summer of 2005
The fact that there are treasures hidden everywhere just waiting for me to find them. It is the perfect family activity.
To date I have cache finds in Manitoba, Alberta, North Dakota, New Mexico, Montana, Arizona
Location: Jeffrey’s N49 56.729 W097 05.203
Start/Finish: 7:15 – 8:20 pm
Committee Present: Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Scott (Lizardo), Jen (ava_ad0re), Dani (dani_carriere),
Committee Absent: N/A
Members Present: Paula (MHz)