Geocaching is a worldwide adventure sport which utilizes GPS devices to hide and seek hidden containers called geocaches. (Learn more about geocaching) To get started geocaching, all you need is a GPS receiver and a geocache location. (Learn more about getting started) You can find a nearby geocache location at geocaching.com by entering an address or town into the search box.
The Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) strives to advance the sport of geocaching through social activities, public education and promotion of geocaching. (Learn more about the MBGA).
*NOTE* The blog posts below sometimes disappear from the first page. Scroll down to the bottom to see previous posts.
- MBGA Pub Night: Superior Belated To Not At All - WinnipegThu May 28 7:00pm (4 days)
- Hike to Kinosao (CL2015)Thu Jul 16 9:00am (53 days)
- Lake Katherine Picnic (CL2015)Thu Jul 16 12:00pm (53 days)
2007 Election Results:Click the name of each person for more information about them.
- President - Tim Turner (TurdleEggs) *, Dani Carriere (dani_carriere) 
- Vice President - Sandra Forbes (junglehair) *, Brian Greenberg (grnbrg) 
- Secretary - Paula Ehn (MHz)*
- Treasurer - Peter McLure (Peter & Gloria)*
- Public Relations & Training - Jacques Bourgeois (OHMIC)*, Nick Garrioch (Bevro)*, Sean Frey (Dragonfreys)*
- Event Coordinator - Tobey Saniuk (3Ts&aG)*
- Technical Coordinator - Steven Nikkel (ertyu)*
Location: Jeffrey’s N49 56.729 W097 05.203
Start/Finish: 8:00 – 9:45 pm
Committee Present: Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Scott (Lizardo), Jen (ava_ad0re), Dani (dani_carriere),
Committee Absent: None
Members Present: Paula (MHz), TurdleEggs & TurdleFemme, OHMIC
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
I was having lunch with a few co-workers and friends. One of them happened to be MuStash and he brought up the topic of gecaching. I had not heard of it, but it sounded interesting, so I went and looked up geocaching.com as soon as I got home. Shortly after that I was out searching for my first cache.
In addition to seeing plenty of new places that I did not know existed, it is the “search” and that “YES” feeling when you finally make a difficult find.