- Chat Room
- Discussion Forums
- MBGA Gear
- MBGA Geocoins
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
MBGA Committe Meeting - April 4, 2006
Location: Smitty’s at Pembina & Grant
Time: 8:05 --> 9:30 ish
Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Scott (Lizardo), Dani (dani_carriere), Jen (ava_ad0re)
Daniel (Master Instigator), Teal (pink_panther)
Discussion of the freedom to leave committee if necessary
Importance of redundancy in positions
- President - Danielle, backed up by Brian
- Vice President - Brian, backed up by Peter
- Past President - Daniel, holds position for 1 yr following term as president
- Treasurer - Peter, backed up by Brian
- Secretary - Jen backed up by Steven, Scott
- Public Relations & Communications - Scott backed up by Roger, Jen
- Training and Workshop Coordinator - Roger backed up by Tobey, Scott
- Event Co-ordinator - Tobey backed up by Scott
- WebSite Co-ordinator - Steven backed up by Dani, Brian
- Youth Liaison - Teal
- Contact the province to get info regarding taxation
- Looking after the initial information for bank account
- Tax information
- Non-profit registration
- Look into PayPal/Tip Jar account
- Brian hasn’t received any money from Café Pres yet, but about $20 is there
- Will send Scott the .pdf file with MBGA embedded
- Contact Pink Panther (Teal) to see if she still wants to continue in the role, or if anyone else, i.e. a Joker, WagonWheeler, Dani will contact Teal first
- Dani will be transitioning the domain names to Steven
- Responsible for marketing, i.e. cafe press
- Find out regarding Bingo night at a casino, at least to get on the list
- Roger suggested Bud, Spud and Steak idea, Brian will look into it
- CacheGranny emailed request re: embroidered patches, Brian will look into it
- Milestone pins, to be presented at events?
- Make sure there is another person with the Google group password for back-up
- Will look into if we need to be affiliated with Sports Manitoba for Bingo
- Minutes to be sent to Steven
- Retrieve News articles
- Discuss with Steven a template for the minutes
- Delegating communications - Separate emails for committee members
- "Contact us" forms go to Scott
- Responsible for "Cacher of the Month"
- Discussion regarding the person in Seine River area who wishes to look after all the caches in the area - general consensus of "no" as a response.
- MHz is the next Geocacher of the Month
- Will try to contact Daniel for his new contact information and possibly ask for the forum Password as back-up
- Will look into Brochures/Pamphlets about MBGA/Geocaching for KeyCon
- Cc email addresses collected
- Responsible for the MBGA discussion forums
- If Daniel does not wish to continue, Scott may take over, look for alternatives
- Minimum of five groups are waiting to hear back from the Committee
- Works with Public Relations and secretary
- Spoke with Rosemary of the Manitoba Walks books by chance
- Podcasts? .mp3 files for ipods - would this work as an audio description for the guide
- Could/Should we write a rudimentary guide to geocaching in Manitoba?
- If other people wish to hold events, that is fine. If they want it to be sanctioned by the Committee they should contact Tobey
- Role as a "go-to" point
- Roger may be supplying utensils/equipment left over from Scouts (?) – will see if can be donated to the MBGA for functions
- Brian and Steven will decide which hosting server
- Work with Daniel to get all information in one location (i.e. photo galleries)
- website maintenance
- Local introduction for the website?
- Our primary goal this year is to get the structure for the committee in place
- Should there be an "MBGA Cache" in place for use as a training tool?
- Scott will cc Dani all emails, contact information
- Creation of a MBGA Committee distribution list
- KeyCon - Science fiction convention, etc. KeyCon takes place in May, a good opportunity to inform people about geocaching with pamphlets/brochures, i.e. 250 copies – Scott will look into it. Peter will send Scott the .pdf file with the MBGA embedded
- Future meetings - Members will be welcome to attend. Meetings to take place every few months. Post dates/times of meetings on website
- Roger - A monthly column, like a summary of the forums and/or with submitted articles?
- Ads on the website? Now that we have finances covered, tasteful adds are acceptable, i.e. Google ads. Should wait until all finance issues are secure
- Brian – if we do the Bingo, we may have to be affiliated with Sports Manitoba, thus we will need a Constitution. Brian will look into this
- Scott is to be cc’d Rogers contacts for workshops
- Brian will add Steven and Scott to the Google list ownership
Next Meeting Tuesday, May 2nd, 8:00 pm Smitty’s at Pembina & Grant, alternate locations to be discussed in the future.
Open to the membership.
Circulate agenda around a week beforehand.