- No upcoming events available.
MBGA General Meeting - September 14, 2006
Location: Big Guys N49 49.649 W097 06.356
Start/Finish: 8:05 pm – 9:30 pm
Committee Present: Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Scott (Lizardo), Jen (ava_ad0re), Dani (dani_carriere), Daniel (Master Instigator)
Committee Absent: None
Members Present: Spongebob_family, TurdleEggs, Capt_Redbeard, Cherry_Pie, Spaceman_Baz, Skyhawks, Kabuthunk, The_5_Seekers.
Committee Member Reports
- Club crests to give/sell to members
- $35 setup fee
- $1 per crest
- Sell for $3 or $4
- How much do we want to pay?
- Which milestones?
- 100 (white)
- 250 (bronze)
- 500 (silver)
- 1000 (gold)
- 2000 – when necessary
- And what will they look like?
- Do we give existing members crests for milestones already passed?
- The logo
- Square/rectangular logo – approved by everyone
- Text or no text – majority voted for text
- Text voted to read “Manitoba Geocaching Assoc.” as opposed to just “MBGA”
- Majority voted in favour of coloured logo
- Chevrons – majority voted for curved as opposed to rectangular
- We don’t qualify for Manitoba Sport
- Community Services Council seems more doable
- We’ll wait until we’re reasonably sure we’ll be accepted, i.e. sometime around April, as reapplying is difficult
- GPS Central would to purchase a banner ad for $20 per month on the website
- There is the option to get merchandise instead of cash, but for the first while we’ll stick with cash
- Need to work out the billing arrangements, i.e. all at once, quarterly, etc
- Paid loan off
- $67.26 in Chequing
- $99.75 with PayPal
Scott (PR and Communications):
- Article with an Interlake newspaper to be published, after Inwood event
- Need official receipts
- Reimbursing for travel – mileage reimbursement (40 cents per mile), if an overnight stay is involved, the people sponsoring the event pick up the tab
- Park adoption – waiting to hear back still
- New website is up and running
- Imported all of our old users
- Have over 200 members
- Deleting members who haven’t logged in for a while – the list will eventually be cleaned if required
- Has enough prizes
- No responses yet for Christmas
- Need to have a restaurant that can accommodate approx. 100 people
- Or possibly could use the church again, and have it catered or potluck
Roger (Training and Workshops):
- Article appearing in the Interlake Spectator
- The seminar in Inwood went well
- Put together a package for training sessions, i.e. Do’s and Don’ts, How to’s, etc
- Will keep a log of mileage
- Needs a receipt book
- Met with people from Manitoba Walks & Trails
- They want to incorporate geocaching
- Gave a list of “geo spots” and maps of the TransCanada Hwy
- They are thinking of doing a contest – i.e. find at least 1 cache in each of 17 sections and win a GPS unit
- We can still put caches of our own along the trail
Daniel (Past President):
- Forum – has been having some intermittent errors, tweaked
- Forum members are not necessarily MBGA members, so he has had to cross-reference with the membership list.
- Should people who don’t have an MBGA account see the MBGA section? No.
- Still willing to approve for special access
- Will delete people who haven’t logged in for a year or more
- Do we refill the Youth Liason position? No
- Jen will look after the Kid friendly cache list
- Kids activities – fall under Event Co-ord
- Teal did a great job and we’re sad to see her go
- Provincial Parks Document
- Getting closer to a final draft
- Read through, make any notes and email feedback to Danielle asap
- Each click ~ 21 cents
- Contact with the President of the Minnesota Geocaching Association brought up a few issues
- Private property – approval should be stated in the cache description
- Cache placement quality
- Do we want to, as a committee, police caches that are on private property, etc? No.
- Cache of the month? Lists of recommended caches? Favourite lists? Steven can do a page of bookmarked caches for MBGA.com
- Hasn’t heard back yet from the Leisure Guide
- Manitoba Geocoin? Brian has an idea for one – a sun compass, with a hole in the middle, which you can use with a toothpick, etc to make it actually work.
- What other design on the front side? Red River cart suggested
- Charging for training?
- Less than 10 people: $40 to $50, plus mileage, plus incidentals. Above that, $2 per person more
- Average time is about 2 hours of training