- (Winnipeg) Back to the HomelandMon May 9 7:00pm (3 days)
- Dauphin - JBWKYZ - Hittin' the BeachSat May 14 10:00am (8 days)
- (Wasagaming, Manitoba) Friends of RMNP Geocaching WorkshopSat May 14 1:00pm (8 days)
MBGA Committee Meeting - October 20, 2006
Location: Jeffrey’s N49 56.729 W097 05.203
Start/Finish: 7:10 pm – 8:15 pm
Committee Present: Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Jen (ava_ad0re), Dani (dani_carriere)
Committee Absent: Scott (Lizard), Daniel (Master Instigator)
Members Present: None
Committee Member Reports
- GPS Central – invoiced for a full year of advertising for $20 a month
- Hasn’t received a cheque yet from GPS Central, they have 30 days to pay
- PayPal is at $100, Chequing at $105
- Broke even with the Blitz event
- Submitted a finance report to Danielle
- Working on figuring out how to do the bookmark list for Kids Friendly Caches
- Will submit link to Steven for adding to the website
- For future meetings, will call for agenda items two weeks prior to the meeting, will send them out 1 week prior. People have until 24hrs prior to the meeting to send in any additions to the agenda. Even if you have nothing to add, please let Jen know that, so she doesn’t wait for submissions that aren’t coming.
Scott (PR and Communications):
- Discussed prior to the meeting: received an email from the City of Winnipeg listing four contacts in reference to adopting parks.
- Which park do we want? Central or south central?
- Preference is south central, but whatever they’re willing to give us
- Posted monthly milestones, cacher of the month, and the ad on the webpage
- Deleted the spam users that signed up
- Fixed the photo gallery
- Event went well, around 71 people, and everyone paid ($7 per adult) – didn’t make any money, though.
- Is collecting money at events her responsibility? If she doesn’t mind doing it, yes.
- Christmas event: people want it after Christmas. Will phone Tannis to book the church as it’s central and a good size.
- Catering – will call around and get a few quotes
Roger (Training and Workshops):
- No contact with MB Trails at the moment
- Yes, executive are interested in a course on hiking/backpacking/safety kits. A date will be set in the future. Need to get a classroom, and will put up a poll on the forums for a response
- Finalize Fees: $40 per session, +$5 per person over 10 people and .25 cents per mile. Extras fees will apply if they want a GPS (have to borrow them)
- Will work with Steven to create a page with workshop information so people can easily contact Roger.
- Contacted by the lady from Interlake Tourism (Gail McDonald) – asked if Roger was willing to do sessions in other areas, i.e. The Pas. Quoted $150 for mileage.
- We’ve hit around the six month mark on the committee and all members have done a very good job – everything we’ve done, the future of the association is look bright, and thank you.
- Heard back from the Leisure Guide. The Winter Guide is already complete, but they are accepting for the Spring one in the next few weeks. We’ll try for this one. Has a list of the process that we need to go through to comply with the Guide.
- AdSense: $83.25
- If we are having a meeting involving a vote, only the executive committee will be voting. If it is something else, we can do a poll, or have a general meeting. In the future, voting for the committee will be more controlled.
- Making people aware of the MBGA – logo with contact information: ~500 business cards, and each of the committee members will get a bunch and distribute them in caches and such. Monochrome logo
- Logos – Green is the official, coloured is secondary
- How often does the committee get revamped? We’re only starting now to get settled in our roles. At the end of February, we will have an election after a one year term. If the person wishes to keep their position, they will be declared the incumbent.
- Closed meetings benefit the committee and will only happen on occasion
Next Meeting: Undecided. Committee members please email Jen with your availability for November/December.