- MBGA and MGUG Hot Dog and GPS Field Training event - WinnipegSun Aug 30 1:00pm (2 days)
- A Walk in the (Dog) Park 2 - WinnipegWed Sep 2 6:00pm (5 days)
- Cachefest 2016 Pre-Game Party - DauphinSat Sep 12 6:00pm (15 days)
Cacher of the Month - January 2007
- When did you start Geocaching?
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
- How do you describe the sport of Geocaching to your family and friends who haven't tried it yet?
- What are other interests or hobbies that you have (please go into detail / accomplishments)?
- What is the most interesting/unusual place that geocaching has taken you?
- What is your favorite Caching Story?
- What items if any do you carry with you when you go on a hunt?
- What kind of GPSr do you use?
- What methods do you use to avoid muggle detection?
- What is the meaning of your username?
- What was the most memorable travel bug that you have found?
- Which geocachers do you respect or standout to you the most?
- With whom do you normally go geocaching?
- If you could cache anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
- Is there a challenging local cache you have in your sights right now? Which one?
- Of your placed caches, which is your favorite? Why?
- Besides your GPSr, what other tools (electronic or otherwise), or software do you make use of?
- Do you use your GPSr for reasons other than Geocaching?
- What is in you CD player right now?
March 06 was our first cache; it was Stevereeno's 1st Cache
A friend of my sister, got us into this, she goes by Com Sci Geek she has many finds but logs few.
This is a hobby that gets me out and about seeing wonderful things; it also is something that I can do when I can fit it in.
There is finds for us in Ontario, Minnesota, and North Dakota, 2 FTF’s in Ontario.
I say it is like global hide and seek with a GPS.
I love to cook, I can mimic most things I try, and have a few of my own recipes, one of them is published in the Geo Kitchen Cookbook Vol 2
For me it is the destination and the journey. I prefer difficult terrain, so if it takes me somewhere beautiful and is a hard-core hike/swim that is for me! Props to stuntman for getting me to sugar island in June without a boat.
There is the now famous swamp story, but my favorite is getting busted in Winkler, at 4:30 in the morning by the local authorities, they ran my license plate and thought that I was in town to drop off some contraband, but after a short trip to the cache location they let me go unharmed.
Roll of camo tape, spare log book, a small Lock’n’Lock in case I need to swim with the gps, some stash cards, and usually a Travel bug or coin.
Magellan Explorist 200
For the times when I am stopped while I am combing under a pine tree in the middle of the night with a flash light, I tell people that I have lost my wedding ring and trying to find it before my wife notices it is missing (Note- I have never lost said ring)
I work part time at a company called Fresh Options Organic Delivery (F.O.O.D.) delivering produce, one day a friend of ours called me the foodninja and it stuck.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Cache By MHz, I really enjoy TBs that have an interactive portion to them, like add an item etc.
People who put effort into the game and give back have my respect, those people who put out caches in exciting places or interesting containers, as well as those who organize local events like Big T and TurdleEggs.
I have been out with my Wife the most, after that I have been known to hit the trail with TurdleEggs, ertyu, Wagonmaker, and one night time FTF race against Dani.
Either Japan, Mongolia, or China; there isn’t a high cache count in those areas, but I would like to see the sights that cachers in those areas recommend.
I have had Untouchable in my scope for a while now, not that it is getting cold enough I think it is do-able, before it is gone for good.
It is a toss up between Poe, and The Hardest cache, just because of the fun my wife and I had making them and the great comments we have gotten for them.
No other tools, no cell phone, no PDA, just an old desktop PC and a GPS.
Nope my wife bought it for me just for Tupperware hunting.
Best of Queen, U2 18 Singles, and Sister Sledge We are family.