- MBGA's The Quick Brown Fox Leaped over the HoundMon Feb 29 7:29pm (17 days)
TurdleEggs Platform Statement
I believe in the value of the MBGA council as a service provider for members. The role of council is to be a resource for Manitoba cachers and support Geocaching as a fun, social, volunteer driven activity.
The wellness of council relies upon inclusive, unfiltered communications between all MBGA members. As president I would work to facilitate open dialogue and ensure all council voices are heard equally. I would table the following topics for discussion:
- Invite additional members at large to join council and have active rural council participation
- Dedicate a forum section to discussion of new ideas and current council topics
- Formally recognize outstanding volunteer efforts of members
In cooperation with other members I spearheaded two group caching events and hosted two social events to help keep caching fun and open to all. I enthusiastically participate in the forums and try to leave supportive or entertaining logs on caches I've found (or not found).
As president, I would actively work with council continuing to develop the following MBGA provided services:
- Communication forum and chat room for information exchange
- Web site for access to resources and recognition of achievements
- Organize social and caching events
- Develop an education package and provide training
- Promote environmental stewardship through CITO events
- Provide access to MBGA products, pre-purchase travel bugs and produce Manitoba Geocoins