- MBGA's April Foolish Breakfast EventSat Apr 1 9:00am (3 days)
Parks Canada Welcomes Geocachers
The official Parks Canada policy has been released and welcomes geocaches in designated areas of Parks Canada sites.
For more information, visit the Parks Canada Geocache page.
Some important points to remember:
- All caches have to be available from trails or other publicly accessible areas and geocachers must stick to those areas.
- Trade items are not permitted in caches.
- Geocachers must pay all regular applicable park fees.
- Geocachers who want to place a cache must meet with a Parks Canada staff person at the chosen site to obtain an authorization seal prior to placing a cache.
- The cache container must be watertight, made of material that will withstand natural elements, as small as possible, neutral-coloured and has never been used for food.
- The Cache Information Form available on the Parks Canada web site must be filled out and submitted to Parks Canada Staff.