- Winnipeg: Journey Through Time (Zoo Event)Sat Oct 29 9:30am (8 days)
- Winnipeg: GIFF 2016: Story Worthy Moments - MB EditionSat Nov 5 6:00pm (15 days)
- Winnipeg: MBGA geocachare älskar frukost händelserSat Nov 19 9:30am (29 days)
MBGA Committee Meeting - November 28, 2007
Location: Jeffery’s Restaurant (N49 56.729 W097 05.203)
Meeting called to order at 19:13 CST.
Committee members present: Dani (dani_carriere), Tim (TurdleEggs), Steven (ertyu), Sandra (junglehair), Tobey (3T's&aG), and Paula (MHz).
Committee members not present: Ray (slippery_1), Peter (Peter & Gloria), Jacques (OHMIC), Richard (KiteKacher), Nick (bevro), and Sean (Dragonfreys).
Members Present: Scott (Lizardo), Brian (grnbrg), and Karen (Turdle-Femme).
- Tim asked for any corrections to the minutes from October 24, 2007. Tobey motioned that the minutes be accepted. Dani seconded it. All agreed.
Membership Report - Steven
- As of November 28, 2007, there are 475 members total, 433 Manitoba members and 197 active (website logins) in the last 6 months.
Treasurer Report - Peter
- No report.
Ad Sense report – Dani
- $98.11US which is almost to $100US where a check will be cut.
Printing of brochures and business cards – Jacques
- No report.
Mailing List – Steven and Tim
- Steven has mass subscribed all existing subscribers to the old mailing list to the new one.
- The old mailing list has not been deleted yet but is not being used.
- Steven publicized the new mailing list on the forums.
- It was decided to do a one time only mass subscribe of all current MBGA members to the new mailing list. Steven and Tim will make sure it is done and make sure there is a way for members to unsubscribe if they choose.
Milestones on website – Steven, Peter & Dani
- Steven has reformatted the milestone news item so that it now takes up less space on the page.
- Peter is still working on a way to automate the milestones. Dani has offered to help.
Cacher of the Month – Richard and Steven
- Steven and Richard have December’s Cacher of the Month ready to go. Richard is working on January’s.
Vendor Form letter – Dani
- Dani has fleshed out a very good vendor list.
- Dani created 4 versions of the form letter. A snail mail and an e-mail version for general purpose and a similar set for events.
- Dani will work on making them more mail merge friendly.
GPS SW Training Event – Tim and Sandra
- 42 members were present on November 15, 2007 for the SW Training event.
- Sandra managed to get a GSAK license donated as a door prize for the event and it was awarded to Trove Chasers.
HTML Course – Tim
- A basic course on HTML used when writing logs and formatting cache pages was requested at the SW Training event. It was decided that a 10-15 minute presentation could be added at the next Annual General Meeting in the spring.
2008 MBGA Coin Design – Brian
- A work in progress.
Calendar of Events – Tobey
- Tobey brought a list of upcoming events as follows:
- MBGA Holiday Hangover, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (5-8pm). Published.
- “What Is a Blizzard?” MOB, Tueaday, January 1, 2008 (Time TBA)
- MBGA PubNite at Bailey’s, Wednesday, January 16, 2008 (8pm-?)
- MBGA PubNite at Boogie’s, Friday, February 15, 2007 (8pm-?)
- MBGA PubNite in honor of the MBGA’s 3^rd Birthday. Tentatively at
the Round Table, Wedensday March 5, 2008
- Ideas for PubNite venues are welcome and needed. Please send them to Tobey.
- Many more events for spring, summer and fall were discussed.
- Please submit any planned events to Tobey ASAP so she can try to avoid event schedule conflicts.
Winter Blizzard – Steven, Scott and Tobey
- A work in progress.
Pie Throwing Event – Brian
- One possibility is having it at the Annual General Meeting as well.
Christmas Event – Tobey and Dani
- Tannis's (Tannasarus) and Scott's (Lizardo) church has been booked for Thursday December 27, 2007.
- Dani is handling the gift exchange.
- All present agreed to have the MBGA pay for the hall rental instead of having members donate.
GeoVenture 2008 – Tim and Paul (MtOlympus)
- Paul has been in contact with Tim and is very interested in creating and running another race this year with the addition of a family friendly version. Early September 2008 is the tentative time for this event.
Training Web Page – Nick, Jacques, Richard, Scott
- Steven has set up a brief training web page but needs more content.
Upcoming Training – Jacques, Nick, Richard
- Nothing reported.
- It was noted that Chris (prohkor) has borrowed one of the association’s Geocaching DVD’s and has been doing a lot of training sessions all around the province lately.
- Scott offered to help with training if needed.
Planning Subcommittee – Tim
- At the first meeting of the subcommittee, 2/3 of the Bylaws were revised.
- Next meeting will be in the next 2 weeks.
Minnesota Geocachers Association
- Tobey mentioned that the Minnesota Geocachers Association has added the MBGA web site as a link on their web site (http://www.mngca.org/).
CITO 2008 – Scott
- Scott offered to once again setup a CITO event this year. He’d like some ideas of what City of Winnipeg public space(s) we should tackle this year. Please send your ideas to Scott.
- It was decided to not have a meeting in December but to instead have a meeting in early January TBD.
Meeting adjourned by Brian 20:46 CST.